ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Truly Stupid Email from Companies! Show Us Yours...

<< < (2/2)

app103:
I don't have a copy of the email any more...wish I did...

Back when my daughter was in middle school, I signed up for a service run by a major news radio station where they would contact you by email if the schools in your town were closed or delayed because of snow. I figured this would be a lot faster and easier than tuning in to the station and waiting for them to announce it.

One warm sunny Sunday in late spring, my daughter and I decided to go to the park for a picnic. I was checking my email before we left and received a school closing notification from this mailing list, announcing that my daughter's school would be closed that day because of snow.

Yeah, right...snow on this beautiful warm sunny day.

And the school was closed because of that and not the fact that school is always closed on Sundays?  ;D

housetier:
I bet from a marketing perspective it is perfectly normal and desirable! ;)

But those marketing folks are different anyway...

J-Mac:
I don't have a copy of the email any more...wish I did...

Back when my daughter was in middle school, I signed up for a service run by a major news radio station where they would contact you by email if the schools in your town were closed or delayed because of snow. I figured this would be a lot faster and easier than tuning in to the station and waiting for them to announce it.

One warm sunny Sunday in late spring, my daughter and I decided to go to the park for a picnic. I was checking my email before we left and received a school closing notification from this mailing list, announcing that my daughter's school would be closed that day because of snow.

Yeah, right...snow on this beautiful warm sunny day.

And the school was closed because of that and not the fact that school is always closed on Sundays?  ;D
-app103 (March 02, 2011, 01:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wow! Was it an accidental sending? Or a "stuck" Outbox? Outlook used to do that back a ways.

Jim

app103:
Wow! Was it an accidental sending? Or a "stuck" Outbox? Outlook used to do that back a ways.
-J-Mac (March 02, 2011, 01:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

It had to be an accidental sending, since I was using AOL at the time and back then they had a habit of automatically deleting anything unread in your inbox that was 30+ days old and all read mail after 7 days (had to stick it in your file cabinet if you wanted to keep it longer), and we hadn't had any snow for months.

Except for that one glitch, the mailing list service was pretty reliable...just had to remember to resubscribe every year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version