ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Cannot change DC avatar to new uploaded picture.

(1/3) > >>

alivingspirit:
I stumbled upon a glitch on the site. I cannot seem to upload a new picture to be my avatar. I can browse to a new picture but when I hit save profile it doesn't swap for the new one. I can switch to a predefined avatar but when I switch back to upload I get the same old avatar again. What am I doing wrong?

worstje:
I think I ran into a similar issue which someone then pointed out so I could actually pick my hat as my icon. Make sure it has a good extension and isn't huge in either size or dimensions.

mouser:
Since we mucked around with the avatar folders recently it's possible i messed something up.  Can someone else test and confirm whether they can upload a new custom avatar or not?

housetier:
I can confirm this problem.

I tried uploading an avatar image (see attachment) I also use elsewhere, but it fails without error message.

mouser:
I'm having a very hard time reproducing this error -- it seems to work fine when i try it with any permutation.
Can someone else try it, or i'll try to catch house when he tries it next and see if i can watch the forum error log while it's happening and get a better clue as to what is going wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version