ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Index Card System Organization

(1/2) > >>

mahesh2k:
I found mouser's index card system very effective but the problem is that there is no software version for it. I think it is possible to code it in simple way but with OCD mind here i have hard time doing that.

Anyone here know similar software or can point to such system ? :-)

skwire:
Isn't one of the main points of his system that it's not software?  I could be wrong...

mouser:
Well as i've written, i find having physical cards i an manipulate essential.

But there is a serious price to pay for not having the cards in software form that can be searched, etc.

I've been wondering if there wasn't some way to reconcile the two -- like a software version that can be used to print out the "current" set of cards you are working on in the near future for physical handling.

Paul Keith:
It depends on your needs. Also, yes, mouser's specific system is that it can't be software although that can be cheated. All you really need to do is have a peripheral that prints out index cards in a handwritten font but that's easier said than done.

Anyways, to be specific:

If all you really need are index cards then something like:

Scriveners Cork Board can work

or...

app's preferred tool, Notezilla allows you to have an overview.

If you need something much more like a single screenshot, there's

SuperNoteCard.

If it's all input then there are applications like Anuran which functions more like diary and well...it's all too big.

Mouser's system is really something that can be imported in tons of software easily.

The core weakness of software is that you have to have it on-hand and it needs to be as snappy when inputting the entries.

That's just not possible even with tablets. The closest thing to that kind of system is to have index cards and then scan them into Evernote.

Edit:

If you're just looking for a print unto paper system, here's how Goalscape makes it look when you export it into pdf or print it out directly:

IDEA: Index Card System Organization

It's far from perfect but it is customizable and it releases the items in card based size.

mahesh2k:
Ah scriveners is close to mouser's index system.  Let me check it out. :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version