topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:59 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Extend your keyboard/mouse, software?  (Read 5612 times)

Got Milk?

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Extend your keyboard/mouse, software?
« on: March 01, 2006, 02:56 AM »
Hi dudes and dudettes. I am using a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard with its native software installed. It works pretty well, looks like i´ve had all the settings tuned so it suits me, but i am missing a feature. I would like to be able to change the sensitivity when pressing a key, for instance when typing. The MS software has the "repeat delay" and repeat rate" settings, but it´s not exactly what i am looking for. Yes, i do a lot of typing :)

I have not found any settings for that in the Microsoft software (or i might be blind) so my question is if there´s such a software available on the market?  Or a software that extends the capabilitys of the keyboard/mouse beyond those found in the native software.

Is there any stuff like that out there?

Best regards.

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Extend your keyboard/mouse, software?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 03:03 AM »
Or a software that extends the capabilitys of the keyboard/mouse beyond those found in the native software.

You asked in the right place! :)

Check https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=1167.0 and https://www.donation...m/Software/Skrommel/

Got Milk?

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 03:15 AM »
Or a software that extends the capabilitys of the keyboard/mouse beyond those found in the native software.

You asked in the right place! :)

Check https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=1167.0 and https://www.donation...m/Software/Skrommel/

I am way ahead of you  :D  Been using that excellent software for some time now, giving me much easier access to commands in a program called Subtitle Workshop that im using to translate and make subtitles for different video material. But it cant change key sensitivity, even if it most probably can make you a nice cup of coffee (yes, its that good).

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 03:30 AM »
I kinda doubt *any* program could change sensitivity, but for the rest... you know the answer :D

If you already know it, I'm looking forward to see one of your scripts soon!

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 03:41 AM »
But what's the problem with the sensitivity adjustings at the control pannel-> keyboard?

wr975

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 05:26 AM »

>The MS software has the "repeat delay" and repeat rate" settings, but it´s not exactly what i am looking for

What else are you looking for?

>extends the capabilitys of the keyboard/mouse

I love using StrokeIt to create mouse gestures. I've like 10 mouse gestures for browsing and some for SubtitleWorkshop (like auto-correcting + saving). FWIW, I've to agree with you: SubtitleWorkshop is a great program. :)

Got Milk?

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 10:33 AM »
But what's the problem with the sensitivity adjustings at the control pannel-> keyboard?

They are intended for adjusting the speed of repeat rate and repeat delay, not really for adjusting how "hard" you have to hit the keys to get the result you want. But i tend to agree with brothers, most likely there´s no such software avail, it´s a pure hardware issue.