ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The March 2011 6th Anniversary Fundraiser Has Begun! Cheer for Victory Thread

<< < (9/35) > >>

mouser:
Look who else is excited!
--- End quote ---

That video made me smile -- if only we could all be so unselfconscious :)

Fred Nerd:
This group of people is so totally awesome.
I just donated a reasonable (I think) amount [@Mouser it came through in my real name, as Joshua Schuessler] because I felt I owed it to the site.
Things DC has given me over time:
Lots of nice programs
Programs made up on the spot (I once had a coding snack made for me)
Someone to ask about any technical issue and its always been answered helpfully and no-one make you feel like an idiot for asking.
People who have helped me find things/programs when I gave them up as too hard.
A reason to stay interested in programming
An easy route to get into programmin thanks to Programming school.
Programming school: a better teaching method than those that cost a fortune. I still always find it amazing that Mouser takes the time to mark my attempts at coding. If it wasn't for DC I wouldn't know any code, and its now a hobby I enjoy.

And I'll never forget how good I felt when Mouser gave me a 'supporting member' status and lifetime license when I was too young to have enough money to donate, and didn't have a credit card to do it with anyway.

Not to mention links to all sorts of really cool tech jokes and cartoons. :)

Big Cheers to everyone here. You're all legends. ['legend' is used in the Australian way. Means you're all awesome. But sounds better]

mouser:
Fred  :-* :-*

Nick (nudone): We all owe you so much for creating Cody the DC mascot -- I cannot even begin to fathom this site without him.  I love the little fellow and I know i'm not the only one by a long shot. Thank you.

Let's keep this thread going with new faces! -- I want to see how many different members we can get posting to this celebration topic.

f0dder:
Look who else is excited!
--- End quote ---
That video made me smile -- if only we could all be so unselfconscious :)-mouser (March 02, 2011, 04:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
The world needs more ravers! :)

chipmunk6:
Hi,
Keep up the good work - it's wonderful to come across sites where a spirit of truly sharing - not profit-thinking - prevails. Hope you reach your goal soon!
 :Thmbsup:
chipmunk6

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version