ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Official Fundraiser Blog Day by Day

<< < (3/7) > >>

mouser:
Day 9 of the fundraiser -- and we've broken the lucky $8,000 mark.  Thank you to everyone who has donated so far.

Today's release is a classic example of the Coding Snacks requests on our forum -- someone posted a request for a custom little utility yesterday, and a DC member (jgpaiva) has coded it and released it the next day as a donationware/freeware app with source code.

You can see the request here, and then read about and download the finished utility (KaosGen) here.

Coding Snacks are usually pretty small requests, although some occasionally can get pretty big and substantial.  They are always handled on a purely voluntary basis and anyone can post requests.  Since we still have a ton of days left in the fundraiser month, this would be the perfect time for you to post a new request -- you don't have to be a member of the site -- it's open to everyone.

Post your new request on the Coding Snacks section of the forum: here.

I also wrote a post about what DonationCoder would do with a two million dollar donation -- in case we have any billionaires out there who were feeling like we weren't speaking to them.

mouser:
Fundraiser Day 10.  We are about a third of the way through the month, and just about to pass the $9,000 mark with 350 people donating so far.  Thank you to everyone who has donated!

We are trying to release something new (software, update, howto, review) each day during the fundraiser.

Today DC member Nod5 wrote up a little howto explaining how you can use your Android phone to remotely control arbitrary scripts on your desktop pc -- including a sample autohotkey script that you could customize to do just about anything.  I can see this being something a few of you might enjoy experimenting with -- and Nod5 would probably be willing to provide some guidance for those of you new to autohotkey.

And, DC member timns brings us a fun new utility, a random password generator with some fun options: timns Friendly Password Generator:

See you tomorrow!

mouser:
It's day 11 of the fundraiser and we're officially in the long slog stage of donations.. All the more reason for you to make your move now if you haven't donated yet.

For today's fundraiser "release" DC member Cranioscopical, known world-wide for his unmatched skills at creating puns, has given us two mini-reviews:

* Lipsum text generator
* FILEminimizer Pictures

mouser:
It's day 12 of the fundraiser, and I've used the promise to release something new each day of the fundraiser as some motivation to finally release some open source code that's been lingering unfinished for a while.

I'm releasing my PythonProtoCards library -- it's code to help programmatically prototype card games.  Or at least helps you programmatically generate card images rapidly.

This is actually the very initial stage of what I hope will eventually become a robust card/board game prototyping suite and online engine.  Right now though it's just a set of loosely coupled classed to help you very rapidly produce a large number of quick and dirty card images for a custom card game.

You can read more and download: here.

mouser:
It's day 13 of the fundraiser, and we've cracked the $9,000 mark! Thank you to those who have donated for the first time, and for those who continue to make repeated donations at every fundraiser.  At the current rate, we should meet our secondary $10,000 goal before the end of the month.  How soon we reach it will determine if we should extend it once again.

As you know, we've pledged to release something new on the site each day during the fundraiser; today I've posted a mini-review of Realtime Landscaping, a really nice and fun tool for doing some pretty sophisticated landscaping design and visualization.

Official Fundraiser Blog Day by Day

Tomorrow I think we will send out a special edition mid-month newsletter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version