ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Trying to switch to Opera: Need help, tips

<< < (2/5) > >>

Dormouse:
I use Lastpass and AdMuncher (not free). Both work fine on Opera, or any other browser I fire up.

wreckedcarzz:
I've looked into AdMuncher before, but paying to remove adverts seems kind of counter-intuitive. I mean, the ads are there for the site to not charge you money, so you pay a different company to remove them? Why not just get a premium membership at the site (when available)? :huh:

I've also signed up for LastPass and am going to move all my main passwords over when I get home to see how it works.

Ath:
and am going to move all my main passwords over when I get home to see how it works
-wreckedcarzz (March 01, 2011, 04:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is that as risky as it sounds :huh:

wreckedcarzz:
and am going to move all my main passwords over when I get home to see how it works
-wreckedcarzz (March 01, 2011, 04:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is that as risky as it sounds :huh:
-Ath (March 01, 2011, 05:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's not risky at all - all I'm doing it opening up KeePass, right clicking each password, copying it, and pasting it into LastPass.

Ath:
My risk assessment was based on the words "all my main passwords", combined with "to see how it works". The risk is in the fact that you want to see how it works, but you are using your main passwords, that can open quite important information... These terms don't combine well in safety-land, IMHO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version