ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Should I add ads to my website?

<< < (2/4) > >>

timns:
You're not putting "ads" on the site -- you're making an escape route -- putting little freedom factories on it~! :D
-Renegade (February 28, 2011, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Now that is a beautiful phrase. Right up there with "cellar door"  :Thmbsup:

Ath:
I'd let it depend on the amount of intrusion of the adds compared to the usual site-shape & tone. If it where to be all high-contrast colored adds, compared to the rest of the site, I'd nay it, but if the tone of color is quite 'do-able', I'd try it for a year, and then see if you can live without the money adds ;)

Renegade:
You're not putting "ads" on the site -- you're making an escape route -- putting little freedom factories on it~! :D
-Renegade (February 28, 2011, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Now that is a beautiful phrase. Right up there with "cellar door"  :Thmbsup:
-timns (February 28, 2011, 04:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

As I'm always driving, I don't really get to enjoy the cellar doors that I visit as much as I'd like to (swish, suck & spit). Hopefully you'll enjoy your freedom factories a lot more~! :D

Renegade:
I'd let it depend on the amount of intrusion of the adds compared to the usual site-shape & tone. If it where to be all high-contrast colored adds, compared to the rest of the site, I'd nay it, but if the tone of color is quite 'do-able', I'd try it for a year, and then see if you can live without the money adds ;)
-Ath (February 28, 2011, 05:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

When you read about ad placements, the general recommendations are to make them look like they are a part of the site and to mingle them with content. That's kind of hard to do with some types of ads, but it's still possible to frame things so that they are peripheral but accessible if they contrast too much. I'd expect the ads the telco to have ads ready that would work well.

worstje:
I'd say it depends on where they want the ad to go and the way it looks. It shouldn't have random sound effects, animation is way too annoying already, etc. But yeah, freedom factories sound good. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version