ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

UnReplied Topic Fridays on the DonationCoder.com Forums (URT-Fri)

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
There's a newish link at the top of the forum pages labeled (unreplied topics).

This page lists recent forum posts that have no replies yet.

Can I suggest that in an effort to make sure requests for help and other important posts don't get overlooked, that we start a regular thing where we ask regular members to browse those posts every friday and try to reply to any posts that seem like they could use a reply?

I might even modify that page so it highlights posts by new members -- since they are the ones more likely to need time-sensitive replies.

I suggest we call it "URT-Fri" because it sounds cool.

jgpaiva:
Ok, I just did my part (sorry, too easy to let this one go by)

[edit]
And now my contribution to this thread:
I really like the idea, and will try to help with this as much as I can (even though I'll probably ignore the "fridays" part and do it when I need to procrastinate from work :P)

wraith808:
I'll commit to helping... though it will probably be anytime that I have downtime and no topics to reply to :)

Edit: On that note, is there a way to make the moved topic post not show up in this view?  And maybe very old topics also? And how far do we want to go back with this starting out?

jgpaiva:
Also, a few requests to make it simpler:
1 - please remove the "moved" posts from there, they take a large percentage of the list
2 - maybe we could have a "show only topics started by new members" thing (where "new" would have some sensible definition), since most of the threads in that page are really started by long-time members. [edit] wraith beat me to this one :P [/edit]

wraith808:
Also, a few requests to make it simpler:
1 - please remove the "moved" posts from there, they take a large percentage of the list
2 - maybe we could have a "show only topics started by new members" thing (where "new" would have some sensible definition), since most of the threads in that page are really started by long-time members.
-jgpaiva (February 28, 2011, 12:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was thinking both of these... I was going to do the new member by clicking on the name and seeing how many posts and prioritizing that way, but your suggestion makes so much more sense!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version