topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 6:18 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Cody's Excellent Vacation CodyCard Contest Ended Feb28 - Winners Inside  (Read 9793 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Announcing the Winners of the First DonationCoder.com CodyCard Contest...

apprehended.jpg

Cody the bird (the official DC mascot) absconded with a big chunk of the donations and took an expensive around-the-world vacation.  The contest was to create some postcards that Cody would send back from his vacation, from the CodyCards Page.

Winners will receive a rare DonationCoder.com collector's item, an item from the HyperRich Friends of DonationCoder.com Cafepress Shop with their winning postcard image on it... Worth over TEN MILLION DOLLARS !!!! (disclaimer: may be worth substantially less).

You can see all the entries here: https://www.donation...ards/gal/?&gal=m

And the winners are..  Stay tuned.. 

As you can see, Cody is back on his perch on the forum/site, so I guess he is well rested and ready to resume his responsibilities.  Stay tuned for the story of his adventure.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 12:38 AM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ok, after some difficult deliberations, Allen and Nudone and I have picked out some winners to receive prizes.  There were some very good entries, but in the end, only a few could be selected.

The following members captured Cody's spirit so well that they will receive a DonationCoder.com item from the shop:
  • Stefan
  • Jgpaiva
  • Momonan
  • Rover
  • Loonier

Winners, please pick out your item and email me with item # and size if its clothing ([email protected]).  For those who submitted cards but didn't win a prize - don't fret, there will be more chances to win in the future!

As for the postcards, it seems Cody was very busy during his vacation, and we learned a lot about his world wide trip.

I thought Stefan capture the truest spirit of Cody in his postcards, where we learned through Stefan that Cody really did not steal the money for his own profiteering like we first thought..

We learned that cody became a daddy, and just needed the money to take care of his kids (as a side note, we also learned that Cody does not speak perfect english):

We also learned that Cody was working hard to double the money he "borrowed" so he could bring it back as a hero:

And lastly, we learned the real reason he borrowed the money, to save his fellow birds from the flu:

Momonan painted a very different picture of Cody, as a confident rogue.  Here he is lecturing us about fixing the security holes in our site:

But then his carelessness gets the better of him and we learn he fell victim to a classic scam:

From Jgpaiva we learn that on his vacation Cody took his first trip to space but ran into some difficulty:

However he must have gotten that sorted out because from Rover we learned that he took a job for NASA and went back!

And lastly, loonier shows us that Cody can be whimsical.. During his last days he visited an alternate universe and then decided to join a chess team in india and give back all the money.

Even though in the end Cody decided to come back to DC, which we are very happy about, there may be some lingering effects of his last trip to the parallel dimension.. he has informed us that his cousin from the parallel dimension has slipped into this dimension and may be planning some trouble on the site.. so we'll have to keep our guard up in the future..
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 02:47 AM by mouser »

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This was a good way to get to know Cody a litle bity more. Now we know he has multiple personalities. Sometimes he's unable to speak english, he has a Nasa astronaut certificate, he's a football lover, he plays chess (that's very good, for a bird!) and even that he is a SHE!!! :D
I loved to read other peoples submissions, and i'm very happy i won, there were some other very funny codycards!
Now, i hope cody will keep around for a while, Allen had a great deal of work going after him (her) throughout the galaxy! ;)

momonan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It's really great to hear that Cody is back!!  I trust he is unharmed -- and ready to do what he can to help DC recover some of the funds he nibbled away.

I'm happy I won one of the prizes, of course, but I had my personal favorites, even a couple that didn't make the list.  Stefan's cards, though, really captured Cody's adorableness and told us so much about Cody (and Stefan).  Plus they reminded us not to make assumptions. 

It would be hard to stay away from this family for long.
When you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning - Catherine Aird

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Sure, it's nice to have Cody back . . . but there's just one problem.

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Sure, it's nice to have Cody back . . . but there's just one problem.
LOL... Poor Allen...
How will he come back now? Good thing he had a computer around to send us the postcard!

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A micro-computer is stored in his cigarette lighter :)

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Cody is cute!

AbteriX

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thank you for the price.
I would like to thank allen and of course mouser for making this possible.
And i send cody an translator in his perch, so he could learn that he must use
the word "feed" instead of feet if he wants to descript the feeding of hes kids.

I would like to spend my price for an good thing
if anyone is willing to spend a few dollars or euros (more then 29$/€) to help others.
If  YOU want to help just send me a pm. I will report the user
with the highes value of money he/she wants to spend
 to mr. mouser. And if mr. mouser gets an copy of your transaction bill he can send you an item
from this shop. See first post for shop info too.

Is this O.K., mr. mouser ?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
that is a nice gesture but i think that such gifts should be given out without asking people to dondate in return.
since you already have a shirt may i suggest either:
1) get yourself a mug(cup) from donationcoder
OR
2) if you want to give it away, just wait until you see someone else on the forum who is being helpful and then choose them to receive the prize - just tell me who you have chosen and i will give them the prize
OR
3) pick another card on the contest page and award them the prize, if maybe there was someone who made on that you thought should have won but didnt.