ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Shortcomings of DC and How to Improve

<< < (27/35) > >>

lotusrootstarch:
lotus should *not* have been banned. you are now unbanned.

actually i couldn't see that you were banned.. maybe someone unbanned you already or maybe it was a ban on ip? i'm not sure.
-mouser (March 06, 2011, 08:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks mouser. I was unbanned a while ago, very shortly after I had to register yet another username (can you believe it!?) to protest about the ban:

Looks like one of the global moderators wanted to have the ban in place... unnoticed. Somehow doesn't look like a system error to me given the action that so quickly rectified the problem. :)

wraith808:
ROFLMAO looks like some mod got trigger happy a while ago and banned my lotus username:

I can't remember how many times mouser actually asked mods not to ban people and not to stifle free speech. It's quite counter-productive and benefits no one (check my comment on the link):

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/during-march-new-free-utility-or-other-goodie-every-day.htm
 (see attachment in previous post)
-banmenot (March 06, 2011, 08:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you're actually concerned with improving the site, then why air dirty laundry like this on some other site?  Why not contact mouser directly?  I'm sure you know he doesn't condone this as long as you've been around- you even say so above.  Are you trying to help or hurt?  Because such perceptions on another site are sure to hurt...  I now really do question your intent.
-wraith808 (March 06, 2011, 08:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

People out there has the right to know that over the years we have developed such a censorship. Actions of the mods do reflect the much of mentality of the site, after all most of them are the very senior members on this forum, are they not?

No need to hide the dirt, no need to even try.
-lotusrootstarch (March 06, 2011, 08:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

It could have been an error, it could have been any number of things.  But did you even *try* to contact a mod (or better yet, mouser) before posting that?

Though I have been one of the people who wondered why you posted under a pseudonym, I'm now very glad that you did.  I consider the regular members of DC above this pettiness, and it would make me very sad to know that this kind of behavior would come from one of the people I've come to respect (if not know... this shows how little we truly know anyone on the internet :().

lotusrootstarch:
wraith808:
Did I state any false in the comment that I made?

Trust me I've been admins and mods on a few SMF forums and the message was the result of "human action", not "error". There's a log that you can check in the admin area in SMF if you really want out the truth.

Did you just suggest that I should contact a mod here who might just be the one who banned me? Gotta watch less cartoons mate. ;)

Well since you choose to respect people who take covert actions than someone like me who speaks out, I'm not sure we should have further issues with each other.

p.s. Speak of which, this incident also makes me pretty sad how little we truly know anyone on the internet, even on a site as nice as DC. You are not the only one that felt sadness.

cranioscopical:
Oh dear, oh dear!

Someone seems to be trying very hard to be tiresome. Let's not squabble. There are enough of us here to decide whether and how changes will be made, and no one voice is likely to prevail, no matter how shrill.

lotusrootstarch:
Yeah, that's the spirit Chris!

I didn't even post again in the last few days because the feedback from other members during the time was pretty sufficient and there wasn't much for me to add... until this ban.

It's time for calmness and constructive comments to return to this thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version