ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Shortcomings of DC and How to Improve

<< < (6/35) > >>

mouser:
Maybe another way to look at your unhappiness with the site is like this:

Is DC a community for you -- that you are an active helping volunteer member of?  If so, then start contributing something to the site -- you want more reviews? so do I -- get off your butt and go write one to share with the rest of us.

Or is DC a company that you are planning on "hiring" to provide you with a service?  If you are viewing us as that, it's clear we are letting you down and we aren't performing as you desire.  With so many people we can't please everyone -- it seems like the thing for you to do is not pay us and look for a different company to hire for your needs.

Either way, I'd still be interested in hearing your ideas about ways to improve the site from your perspective -- but maybe in a more constructive way.

cranioscopical:
So in the end, it's a mouser site, nothing to do with donationcoders or donationware.
-lotusrootstarch (February 27, 2011, 10:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's getting awfully close to offensive and I am sure that, because of your obvious concern for the site, it cannot be your intention.
To a very large extent it is a mouser site as nobody else puts as much effort into it as he, so thank goodness for that.
The comment, however, seriously undervalues the stellar contributions of many selfless contributors.

Has it occurred to you that anyone is able to voice the same concerns and complaints as you but that you seem to be a voice crying in the wilderness? There might be a conclusion to derive from that.  Perhaps the outcome of the fast-approaching fund raiser will give some indication as to whether or not people feel it worth donating to the site. Personally, I feel that will be a good measure of perceived worth.

There is always room for improvement in any endeavour and your posts have provoked some thought. Repeating the same points over and over again might now prompt little more in the way of feverish self examination. Pointing out what you feel is lacking is a good start. Explaining to us what you are prepared to contribute to improving things would be a good next step.  

superboyac:
[unnecessary]

superboyac:
[unnecessary]

lotusrootstarch:
cranioscopical, you are right in saying that this is not my intention,

Even thou my arguments may be cliched over time, they stand true throughout. Sometimes I have a feeling that inner circles of this forum is in constant self-denial over the lack of popularity and real participation, claiming "lack of commercial practices", despite efforts to the contrary sometimes -- I've seen:

1. Seniors members on the this forum posting good reviews about apps here on other more well-known sites (self-promotions)
2. Proactive publicity pushes (particularly during events)
3. Good implementations of SEO practices
4. PAD subscriptions to numerous sites

My point is clear:
Stop saying that publicity is not important or DC does not work like a company, there's a lot of time spent on it already that I can see. One of the real questions is why are we still getting this kind of humiliating traffic/participation stats after all these years?

I have very constructive opinions, but not available until you acknowledge the problems, dudes. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version