ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Shortcomings of DC and How to Improve

<< < (21/35) > >>

timns:
I think it's probably possible to pick some good points from this thread by now. We're a democacy (of sorts) so how about putting some of this stuff to the vote?

I'm pretty sure most people would agree that we could use a page that presents DC's software in a more cogent manner, and I also believe that's in progress

I also think that the wiki approach of collating some of the useful knowledge that tends to get smeared throughout longer threads is a very good one

Perhaps we could do a post-fundraiser too. How did it go? What did we learn? Did it pay off? Did we attract a lot of new members?

As for upgrading our Camry from the 2000 to the 2011 model: as long as we can keep the handsome paint-job, enjoy some *useful* new gadgets, and then get pay-off with improved fuel efficiency and reliability (did you see what I did there?)  :Thmbsup:

cranioscopical:
Definitely worth to take poll on this point to know what new users think about look and feel of DC.
-mahesh2k (March 03, 2011, 07:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Didn't the last go round on on 'whatever shall we do' result in a grand riding off in all directions? Was there a concensus that I missed?

cranioscopical:
lotusrootstarch, your time has come!

Now is the moment to drench us with your carefully hoarded golden shower of secrets that none other can divine.

timns:
lotusrootstarch, your time has come!

Now is the moment to drench us with your carefully hoarded golden shower of secrets that none other can divine.

-cranioscopical (March 03, 2011, 09:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

In other words, it's party time! And urine... vited

Armando:
I agree with Mahesh2k : a poll on a couple well thought points. If that's really needed.

Instead of just wondering how to change or modify things because a few users seem utterly dissatisfied (and I agree with app : positive comments would be welcome so that it's apparent that we're not just trolling here but actually being constructive), let's react to real needs : what the community needs. It's possible that 70% of users want a dramatic change, on multiple aspects... But it's hard to tell. It's also possible that mouser's bored to death or feels that the website etc. is a real barrier to what he needs to accomplish... and that he wants to make dramatic changes. If that's his wish... so be it.  :)

Phitsc mentioned the changes lifehacker and the like made "recently". Most of the changes there, I don't like.  :) Again, App's example of The craiglist is a fine one... Thanks app. (The Craig list works damn well... Why fix it ? Is it really worth it...). I like change in technology and forums, but not when it disrupts functionality and distracts from the content. Of course, there's the occasional formal addition which creates a need that wasn't there to start with, but that's rare...

Apart from the absence of wiki functionality (I like to use it when it's available... If that's part from the new SMF, so be it..,:) ) and a few interactive options (like the ones found on stackoverflow), I like the site. I come here to share content.

[EDIT : timns brought some good points... Of course since he speaks of wiki...  :P ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version