ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Serial Key Storage for Windows

(1/6) > >>

Hyphen:
There'a a million for Mac: http://gigaom.com/apple/serial-number-storage-roundup/
Any for Windows? I mean, I know I could just use KeepassX or something, but that's sort of a bummy way to go about it, was hoping for something specific to serials.

Josh:
I just use a roboform safenote for each serial I have. I see no reason to use a specific program for something like this unless very specific needs are demonstrated.

Hyphen:
I just use a roboform safenote for each serial I have. I see no reason to use a specific program for something like this unless very specific needs are demonstrated.
-Josh (February 25, 2011, 03:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, for example, you're suggesting to use RoboForm. I don't use RoboForm, it isn't free, and the primary function of RoboForm is password storage. It's bulky and more than what is needed.
I am looking for something I can toss on a USB or Dropbox and have with me wherever.

40hz:
Keypass has a portable version for USB. Download link and info here.

Works on Dropbox too. :)

If you want a less 'busy' interface you could also try nPassword.

Download link and info here.

Never tried this app on Dropbox however, so I can't vouch for how well it would work there. I'm guessing it wouldn't have a problem.

If you want something totally minimal (a major plus for some uses ) you could also try f0dder's fSekrit available here at DonationCoder.

It's tiny, reliable, and does one thing extremely well - which makes it a perfect app for portable use. Everything is stored in the executable so there's no separate datafile to go looking for. Sweet! :up:

fSekrit is a small application for keeping securely encrypted notes. These notes are truly stand-alone; the editor program and your note are merged together into a tiny self-contained program file, bypassing the need to install a special application to view your data. This makes fSekrit ideal for keeping encrypted notes on, for example, USB flash drives.
--- End quote ---

Luck! :Thmbsup:

f0dder:
Aww, I didn't even have to do shameless self promotion :P

I personally use fSekrit (whoa, huh!) for stuff like serials and passwords for various sites, so I can attest it works pretty well for that purpose :P. It's all manual text, though, no fancy features for auto-filling serials or password forms or whatever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version