ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommendation for removing eye flash

(1/3) > >>

bob99:

Knowing there are a number of cat people here, could someone point me in the right direction of how to remove white eye in photo.  Removing red eye I have had success.  But white eye for some reason it just ends up looking like a black blotch,
Here's a reduced size of the photo. Used Renegade's Photo Resizer.

All I have to work with at the moment is GIMP or Paint.net. Checked their sites for tutorials and haven't located any yet.  Thought maybe someone here may know.
I've been wanting to add his picture along with our other 5 "fur kids" for some time to the "Show us a photo..." thread and haven't gotten to it.  This is the best one I have of him. Unfortunately I'm not able to take a better one because in a couple of hours sadly we will be taking him to the vet for the last time.

Thanks for any suggestions.

tomos:
hi bob
the problem here is that the eyes are totally over exposed/white.
I can select the eye area and tone it down - like this

(sorry to hear the sad news, Tom)

app103:
What color are your cat's eyes?

app103:
I used Paintshop Pro 7's red-eye removal tool, which actually just creates a new pupil & iris and sets it over the original. It has only 3 choices for animal eyes, only one of them being a cat.

This was the result:

Then I went and did it again, but this time selecting a "human eye", in the color green, and chose a shade of green from their eye palette.

This was the result:

Beyond this, I do not know how to fix your image. I can redo the "human eye" if you like the look but the color is wrong.

tomos:
cat's eye looks good app
human eye looks a bit odd...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version