ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A plea for help from a VS developer...

(1/3) > >>

Jimdoria:
Dontationcoder has been one of my favorite forums since it was founded, and now I'm hoping one of the cool developers here can help me out of a pressing software-related conundrum.

But first, the story: I'm an avid OneNote user, and for years (years!) toyed with the idea of getting a digital note taking tablet (like the Adesso CyberPad) to use with OneNote.

Problem 1: Ink created on these tablets not compatible with ink in OneNote. There was a solution available, but the company that made it dropped off the web and it disappeared.

But ONE DAY, I came across a post about a new app that would take the ink files from the tablet and bring them into OneNote. And it was was open source hosted on CodePlex!

So this year for my birthday I finally got the CyberPad. As soon as the box was open, I went to CodePlex, and...

PROBLEM 2: The app is not available as a binary! Only as source code.

And I don't own Visual Studio.
 :( :( :( :( :(

So I'm hoping some developer here will take pity on me, and help me out by downloading the source code for this app, building it and sending me the binary.

It's at http://top2onenote.codeplex.com. I've posted a similar query on the developer's blog, but someone made the same request back in August and it hasn't been fulfilled yet, so I'm not hopeful I'll see it from him anytime soon.

If anyone could take care of this for me, I promise to send happy thoughts and good mojo your way every time I use my new digital tablet!  :D

timns:
Here you go.

Top2OneNoteAddInSetup.zip (1162.34 kB - downloaded 355 times.)

f0dder:
Jimdoria: you could've probably downloaded the express edition of Visual Studio and compiled with that - but definitely seems a waste of time and bandwidth if that's the only time you'd use it - not a bad idea asking here :)

Jimdoria:
Thank you so much Timns! You da best!

Fodder - I actually downloaded VS Express not too long ago, as I used to program in VB and ASP and wanted to see what was new. Suffice it to say, I was kind of over my head in the new environment. Plus, I've never known anything about C or C#.

I also wasn't sure this project could be built using the Express version of the tools.

timns:
Thank you so much Timns! You da best!

Fodder - I actually downloaded VS Express not too long ago, as I used to program in VB and ASP and wanted to see what was new. Suffice it to say, I was kind of over my head in the new environment. Plus, I've never known anything about C or C#.

I also wasn't sure this project could be built using the Express version of the tools.
-Jimdoria (February 24, 2011, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Glad to be of service! Please let me know if it's all ok.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version