Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 01, 2014, 11:01:28 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Weird behavior in remote desktop  (Read 3600 times)
jcollum
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: February 24, 2011, 10:48:58 AM »

When I use gridmove in remote desktop, it behaves strangely. I press Win-G and the overlay comes up. But then I press a number and it gets typed in to the window that's active, not gridmove's number button. Anyone have a suggestion for fixing this?
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 10:51:21 AM »

I'm not sure why that happens, but you may try using the direct shortcuts for each grid element (win+1, win+2, etc).
Does this work?

Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 11:38:37 AM »

Hotkeys and remote desktop are notoriously unpredictable, are you running the RDP session windowed or full screen? Full screen sessions generally make for much more predictable hotkey use.

Just a Thought... smiley
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 12:24:40 PM »

Stoic Joker: I think the problem is not related to hotkeys, but rather with window focus. After pressing win+g, apparently the window focus is not in GridMove's overlay, but in the other window (thus the number is typed into the window).

jcollum
Participant

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 12:33:22 PM »

Stoic Joker: I think the problem is not related to hotkeys, but rather with window focus. After pressing win+g, apparently the window focus is not in GridMove's overlay, but in the other window (thus the number is typed into the window).

I can get the number keys to work in RD, but it's inconsistent. I'll try it more and see if I can see a pattern.
jcollum
Participant

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 12:58:22 PM »

I can get the number keys to work in RD, but it's inconsistent. I'll try it more and see if I can see a pattern.

It does seem to be some sort of focus issue. For instance, if I use Notepad++ then win-G then 9, the number gets typed into the notepad. But using win-G then 9 with outlook, Gridmove "gets" the button press. Beyond that, no idea what's going on. With Visual Studio, VS sometimes gets the button press and other times GM does.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 12:59:57 PM by jcollum » Logged
Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 01:10:07 PM »

What's the OS you are RDP-ing into?

On Win7 hotkey <Win-G> is used to activate the Sidebar gadgets, so focus wouldn't go to GridMove anyway tongue

jcollum
Participant

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 01:29:04 PM »

What's the OS you are RDP-ing into?

On Win7 hotkey <Win-G> is used to activate the Sidebar gadgets, so focus wouldn't go to GridMove anyway tongue

I don't think that's accurate. I use Win7 on all three systems that I use Gridmove on (Home, Work, Work-via-RDP) and Win+G works on it when the RDP isn't involved.

I suspect there's some sort of delay involved. If I press Win-G then wait 2 seconds or so, it seems like I have better luck with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.034s | Server load: 0.18 ]