ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Social bookmarking sites

<< < (3/4) > >>

housetier:
I use the Diigo toolbar because it lets me post to many social bookmarking sites:
Social bookmarking sites
(as you can see it now includes ma.gnolia too)

The point of having the same thing socially bookmarked all over the place? Well for once I get an extra backup copy of my bookmarks, and secondly certain pages or sites might get extra attention if I choose to make the bookmark public.

sri:
I am a big fan of del.icio.us. I bookmark links there and they get auto posted on my blog once every day.

housetier:
Now that's something I haven't quite figured out yet. So del.icio.us would post my "bookmarks I made today" on my blog if I told it so?

Thinking that I wanted to social bookmark each and every post on my site, this would be somewhat incestous  ;) :P

Sri, where is your blog if I might ask?

allen:
I use the Diigo toolbar because it lets me post to many social bookmarking sites:
[ Invalid Attachment ]
(as you can see it now includes ma.gnolia too)

The point of having the same thing socially bookmarked all over the place? Well for once I get an extra backup copy of my bookmarks, and secondly certain pages or sites might get extra attention if I choose to make the bookmark public.
-housetier (September 12, 2006, 10:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's another firefox extension that does that, but I can't recall its name.  I like the idea of using several services equally (Total remedy to service lock-in) but, alas, it isn't an option for an Opera user at this juncture.

superticker:
Yes, ma.gnolia does have an api....  Furthermore, they're in the process of further expanding it to support del.icio.us' api, since so many applications use it....  Handy for already made applications that use the del.icio.us api,...-allen (September 12, 2006, 08:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
So I can use applications written for del.icio.us on ma.gnolia?  That sounds cool.  I guess that means I'll be able to import ma.gnolia bookmarks to StumbleUpon.

... but using the ma.gnolia native api would give you access to more advanced, proprietary ma.gnolia features.-allen (September 12, 2006, 08:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
So what features would I be missing that ma.gnolia's proprietary API has?

One feature ... is the unique name ma.gnolia assigns to each and every bookmark.  Essentially, it's an automatically generated tinyurl ala tinyurl.com.-allen (September 12, 2006, 08:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm trying to decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version