ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Most Pirated Software?

<< < (2/13) > >>

zridling:
@xtabber: thanks, corrected.
@Josh: It doesn't allow for a write-in, but let us know which one/s are more often pirated beyond this list.

PS: I'd love to know how much money Microsoft has lost to Chinese pirates in the past 13 years. I have colleagues who regularly return from China and each time they're carrying a suitcase full of movie and software DVDs they buy for $1-$2. I just shake my head: "Dude, just use Linux if you think this is the only way you can get this sofware."

y0himba:
I cannot see why anyone would use pirated antivirus software.  If they can hack it to let people steal it, what else have they done to it? Just pay for what you own, sheesh.

Stoic Joker:
Autodesk Autocad - Hardware keyed ...
-Stoic Joker (February 23, 2011, 06:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
Isn't that for non-USA versions only? Or is the dongle-protection introduced there also?
-Ath (February 24, 2011, 01:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yepper it's here in the US too. I've got a client that has had fits trying to keep their fully legal copy running because of the stupidly unstable Sentinal Hardware Key driver.

Tuxman:
Photoshop, I presume. Although most people who pirate it never actually use it, it's "cool" to have it.

Bloatware bs.

f0dder:
I cannot see why anyone would use pirated antivirus software.  If they can hack it to let people steal it, what else have they done to it? Just pay for what you own, sheesh.-y0himba (February 24, 2011, 05:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
Nothing, usually - as long as it's sourced from one of the reputable 0day groups, and not some random p2p site. You'll have a hard time finding people with larger egos than the 0day crackers, and they wouldn't want their reputations tainted with something as trivial as malware ^__^

Yepper it's here in the US too. I've got a client that has had fits trying to keep their fully legal copy running because of the stupidly unstable Sentinal Hardware Key driver.-Stoic Joker (February 24, 2011, 06:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
Classic tale of stupid copy protections mainly screwing the legitimate end-users over. Dongles can be pretty effective, but it also means you'll get the attention of the most skilled reversers. Cubase has really nasty copy protection ("Users began to complain about the program being unresponsive as after initiating these functions as they had to wait some time before the program was released back to them. This 'lockup' increased exponentially in proportion to the size and complexity of the project" - wikipedia)... but even that has eventually been defeated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version