topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 10:23 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Portable hyperlinker  (Read 2992 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Portable hyperlinker
« on: February 23, 2011, 04:25 AM »
Portable hyperlinker

I would like to know about soft for :

I have a folder in my pc with subfolders and files inside. In the main folder a would like to put a director document or a sort of menu with explanations (I was thinking in word xp with hyperlinks to the documents - images, audio, video, pdf, doc, etc)
But I need relative hyperlinks because I can change the entire folder to another location (usb, dvd, external hard drive....) .

I prefer a freeware because I give that information in a disk to other people. No problem with anyone format of file because everyone has free soft for reading like universal Viewer.

There are several hundreds of links. So it's necessary a sof with alternatives finding the shortcuts in every situation.

Do you know anyone ?

Best regards

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Portable hyperlinker
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 04:34 AM »
Well...I'm sort of confused by what portable hyperlinks are but it seems like what you're looking for instead is a portable indexer like Everything Search Engine or Locate32 or a portable taskbar like ASuite.

I'm still not quite sure though. It seems like one of the requirements is that the shortcut should be smart enough that if you move the source file in a different location on a different computer that the shortcut will auto-search for the file. Is this correct?

Seems quite advanced. If it's just a menu, again there's portable launchers that support categories but a shortcut that can be intelligent enough to align with the right situation? I don't think that exists.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 04:45 AM »
a folder in my pc with subfolders and files inside. In the main folder a would like to put a director document or a sort of menu with explanations (I was thinking in word xp with hyperlinks to the documents - images, audio, video, pdf, doc, etc)
Wouldn't that be called a webserver, that main document being index.html ?

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 12:06 PM »
I think with relative hyperlinks is possible with word 2002. but I don't know if is possible to modify the the initial hyperlinks by the final ones, or obtain a list of existing hyperlink to modify before burn to a cd/dvd/usb or external drive.
The problem is the work system used. Initially I used a folder to the topic I want to export to cd/dvd/usb or external drive. I build that folder with many links to my disks (image disk O: , data disk Y:, and a large etc of special uses).

Then I make a new folder in other place and recopile everything with shortcuts in a special way : crono and theme organize by month, date and so on.

Then I transform the shortcuts to real files and folders inside that new folder. With a program developed by 4wd

https://www.donation...?topic=25770.new#new

Then I create the word document and begin the explanation linking to folders, files, images, sound, videos and any element contained in that new folder.

If I have to used this presentation again I can add the newer real files , modify the word document, or even create a newer folder in other place, if I use relative hyperlinks.

Suppose I have a word document in the older first folder with hyperlinks to several files, folders in several disks. Can I obtain a list of the hyperlinks to edit with ease ?

Best Regards
Excuse my language and "complexity". I think I must simplify all this. aSuite have no spanish language and I would like in spanish because the final user is spanish.
I use many years ago locate32 for indexing my seven hard disks at the present moment in the new pc, and four hard disks in the old one.  :-\

Where can I find information and software for the webserver to be used in local mode (I have seen in the past cd/dvd developed in this way) or even specialized software to make menus on usb, cd, dvd...... ?

Best Regards
 :P