ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Power Ranger Punches Kid for Accusing Him of Stealing Gloves

<< < (3/4) > >>

tomos:
I'm lost, what do they mean by 'tap' ??
if it was tapdance they'd have to talk about 'feet'...

I found one entertaining definition (urbandictionary)
When someone sees a nice refreshing river, they say "I'd tap that", meaning, they'd like to put a plumbing system in and "tap" the water supply.

Frank: Wow, look at that lovely river.
Anne: I'd tap that!
--- End quote ---

I think it might be a good idea to put that pic in a spoiler, considering dc's desire to avoid religion & politics ;-)

Stoic Joker:
Atheist also, but...
I think it might be a good idea to put that pic in a spoiler, considering dc's
-tomos (February 23, 2011, 10:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Um, Yeah ... Not everybody is going to find that funny.

On a side note, isn't Tapping Out just a Pro Sports way of crying uncle/ to concede the match and avoid further injury?

Paul Keith:
On a side note, isn't Tapping Out just a Pro Sports way of crying uncle/ to concede the match and avoid further injury?
--- End quote ---

Yes, tongue-in-cheek-wise, it's also a macho way of proving one's heart or dedication and basically symbolizes an act where you don't give up until your body gives out.

I've put the image in a spoiler but really it's pointless. Once you click on the youtube link and see the first comment underneath - it's the same sans image. It's really the best just not to link to the youtube video directly at all.

mwb1100:
I can't hear the youtube audio right now, so this post might be redundant (but still might be useful for others who can't or don't want to wade through a vid)...

I don't know if this is accurate, but it seems to fit and seems a pretty likely explanation of the phrase:

Jesus Didn't Tap is a Christian brand of mixed martial arts (MMA) clothing. "Tap" in MMA language means to give up or quit. When a fighter is in a hold by an opponent, they can tap on the other fighters leg as a sign to let go, signifying their giving up. The referee then stops the fight, and the the winning fighter lets go.

The designer of the brand coins the phrase Jesus Didn't Tap, meaning that Jesus didn't give up. The designers hope to spread their message throughout the fighting community.
-http://www.mahalo.com/jesus-didnt-tap/
--- End quote ---

Deozaan:
Since when is a 22 year old man a "kid"? And the guy is an actor who used to play a Power Ranger. He wasn't officially working under the Power Ranger brand.

Misleading headline, without which nobody would care about this story.

:down:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version