ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Should I be concerned that my wife opened a Facebook account?

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
if she is half as outspoken as you, you have reason to worry  :P

40hz:
Facebook away AFAIC.

If my bedroom walls could tell tales of my wild exploits, the silence would be deafening.  :) ;)

zridling:
No, I'm just talking about how employers are now using Facebook against workers. For example, if the employer is a god-believer, then he/she won't hire someone with atheist on their Facebook page. (But wait, Facebook doesn't even offer "atheist" as an option does it?) Same goes for any other personal info shared is what I'm afraid of. I trust the wife, not the corporation.

40hz:
One trick is to deactivate your account, and only put it back up when you're logged into it. That's the only way AFAIK that you can completely control what gets put up on your page.

Supposedly this was first done by certain very public advocates of gay marriage as a technique to minimize some of the hate and phony postings that were showing up on their pages.

I believe you need to log on fairly regularly if you do this in order to avoid getting your account disabled by Facebook. Supposedly it works as long as you stay deactivated for less than one week at a stretch?

Any Facebookers out there know what the story is with this? :huh:

f0dder:
That seems like a silly thing to do - people can't get in contact with you if you deactivate your account, can they? I guess it would be useful if you only use the account to stalk people, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version