ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

IDEA: Plain text checklist manager

(1/5) > >>

superboyac:
I just learned that the program TuduMo is not doing the plain text checklist thing the way it originally used to.  Here's what wraith said in the other thread:
In the old format, each todo was a line in the file.  Tags were @tags at the end of the line.  When a task was done, it was flagged with a - before the line.  The app interpreted all of this into its interface, but it was beautiful.  But now it's an example of what happens when someone decides to do too much with their original idea.

--- End quote ---
The beauty of it was that everything was just controlled by simple characters and symbols int he text file, and the program interpreted them in a  functional way that allowed you to use it as a dynamic checklist.  I was wondering if someone would be interested in a coding snack that revives this idea.  It doesn't sound too difficult if it is kept simple, but what do I know?

skwire:
If I may be so bold...if the TuDoMo app does what it did originally, who cares what the backend is like.  I mean...you're not interacting with the backend, are you?  If so, you really have no need for a frontend, right?  Something like this is trivial to write...but why reinvent the wheel if TuDoMo still does what you want on the frontend?

superboyac:
If I may be so bold...if the TuDoMo app does what it did originally, who cares what the backend is like.  I mean...you're not interacting with the backend, are you?  If so, you really have no need for a frontend, right?  Something like this is trivial to write...but why reinvent the wheel if TuDoMo still does what you want on the frontend?
-skwire (February 22, 2011, 04:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ha!  It's a good question.  I'm going to have to be honest to answer it.  I want to say because the original idea was better, but that's to vague.  here's the real answer:
Tudumo costs $30.  My company will make me go through so many hoops for me to get that, that it's basically impossible.  So I can't use it at work.  And I don't need it at home.  So if it's not freeware, I won't be able to make use of it.

And I do think the original idea was a bit cooler.  To go into a text file and do things just like the program would was a neat idea.  But not neat enough to say the new version sucks.  It's still good, probably better in some ways.  So the real reason is the selfish one above.

skwire:
Tudumo costs $30.-superboyac (February 22, 2011, 04:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good enough.  Wraith mentioned he might want to write this one; if he doesn't, I can.

superboyac:
Tudumo costs $30.-superboyac (February 22, 2011, 04:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good enough.  Wraith mentioned he might want to write this one; if he doesn't, I can.
-skwire (February 22, 2011, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
You guys are awesome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version