Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 25, 2014, 02:15:38 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Software to share To-Do lists?  (Read 5879 times)
superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 03:37:36 PM »

I was going to recommend TuDuMo.  It was originally supposed to be a pc version of TaskPaper, a plain text to-do app for the mac.  It had many advantages: Plain text files.  Very simple, and keyboard shortcuts.  Not free, but very reasonable for the power.

But, now it uses XML files.  And they're still decipherable, but a long way from the old format.  In the old format, each todo was a line in the file.  Tags were @tags at the end of the line.  When a task was done, it was flagged with a - before the line.  The app interpreted all of this into its interface, but it was beautiful.  But now it's an example of what happens when someone decides to do too much with their original idea.

It's still a cool app, but I weep for what it was before.

Maybe I can make one that does what it used to do...

Ah!  You are right.  That's exactly what I remember.  What a shame.  I was all set to use it.  Maybe someone here would be interested in reviving the idea with a coding snack?

40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 04:32:18 PM »

@SB

FYI  - if it's based on TaskPaper, you can find that over in the App Store.

Don't you use an iPad?

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 04:35:08 PM »

Maybe I can make one that does what it used to do...

Ah!  You are right.  That's exactly what I remember.  What a shame.  I was all set to use it.  Maybe someone here would be interested in reviving the idea with a coding snack?

I'll see if I can get to it- maybe release it for the fundraiser... ! smiley

Just as a start, the format I have in mind is something pretty simple.  Each line is one item of the format

-Task @Context +Project

where "Task" is the description of the task, "@Context" are the contexts of the task, "+Project" is the project the task should be assigned to, and "-" denotes that the task is completed.  There can be more than one "@Context", but only one "+Project" per line, with the "-" having to be at the beginning of the line, and the "@Context" and "+Project" having to be at the end.  The only problem that I can see from the format is the inability to have the @/+ sign next to a word, but I don't think that should be too limiting...

Thoughts?

wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 04:35:57 PM »

@SB

Don't you use an iPad?

One caveat to that is that the only desktop app is for Mac...

superboyac
Charter Member

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 05:19:06 PM »

@SB

Don't you use an iPad?
That's a good idea!  Thanks, I didn't think of that.  it doesn't help me for work, but I will definitely see if it fits in my personal work.

kalons
Charter Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 12:17:21 PM »

Man, there was one that was really cool.  It was stored as text files, and certain prefixes did certain things inside the program.  it was extremely simple.  Similar to the one skwire mentioned above, but even more simple.  What was the name?  Someone either recommended it here, or it was on BDJ.  I don't remember.
Possibly TodoPaper or Paper.

Mattphoes
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 01:50:27 PM »

Do I miss anything by just using Notepad to keep a todo list?
JavaJones
Review 2.0 Designer
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 02:45:40 PM »

I just noticed that Wunderlist is not mentioned in this thread. It appears to have some pretty good "task list sharing" features. Originally found in the Cloud thread started by Tuxman!

- Oshyan

The New Adventures of Oshyan Greene - A life in pictures...
superboyac
Charter Member

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2011, 08:44:55 PM »

I just noticed that Wunderlist is not mentioned in this thread. It appears to have some pretty good "task list sharing" features. Originally found in the Cloud thread started by Tuxman!

- Oshyan
Ha!  A couple of weeks ago, I started using Wunderlist on my ipad.  I haven't needed it yet, but if I were to choose one right now, it would be the one.

fhayes
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 01:01:54 AM »

I've been using the web based Toodledo site and have been very happy with it.
http://www.toodledo.com/
urlwolf
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2011, 03:30:08 AM »

Anybody here using cintanotes for todo lists? It works quite well, and it separates collection (with a global shortcut) from planning/organizing (looking at the list). I like it.

On linux I use task warrior, and I love it, but the win cmd sucks so much that it makes me consirer switching. It depends on cygwin, which I hate.
justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 03:44:08 AM »

https://workflowy.com/ supports sharing of lists, either in view or edit mode. Just hover over part of a list section's bulletpoint and choose share. Amazing program.

kfitting
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 07:18:27 AM »

What about http://todotxt.com/  This used to be Todo.sh that was on Lifehacker.

Commandline control of textfile todolist.
urlwolf
Charter Member

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2011, 09:27:32 AM »

taskwarrior > todotxt
By a margin...
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.042s | Server load: 0.04 ]