ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software to share To-Do lists?

<< < (5/8) > >>

wraith808:
I was going to recommend TuDuMo.  It was originally supposed to be a pc version of TaskPaper, a plain text to-do app for the mac.  It had many advantages: Plain text files.  Very simple, and keyboard shortcuts.  Not free, but very reasonable for the power.

But, now it uses XML files.  And they're still decipherable, but a long way from the old format.  In the old format, each todo was a line in the file.  Tags were @tags at the end of the line.  When a task was done, it was flagged with a - before the line.  The app interpreted all of this into its interface, but it was beautiful.  But now it's an example of what happens when someone decides to do too much with their original idea.

It's still a cool app, but I weep for what it was before.

Maybe I can make one that does what it used to do...

superboyac:
I was going to recommend TuDuMo.  It was originally supposed to be a pc version of TaskPaper, a plain text to-do app for the mac.  It had many advantages: Plain text files.  Very simple, and keyboard shortcuts.  Not free, but very reasonable for the power.

But, now it uses XML files.  And they're still decipherable, but a long way from the old format.  In the old format, each todo was a line in the file.  Tags were @tags at the end of the line.  When a task was done, it was flagged with a - before the line.  The app interpreted all of this into its interface, but it was beautiful.  But now it's an example of what happens when someone decides to do too much with their original idea.

It's still a cool app, but I weep for what it was before.

Maybe I can make one that does what it used to do...

-wraith808 (February 22, 2011, 02:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
You know, this reminds me of a nifty text based task organizer I saw last year.  It was all text files, but the way it was controlled was with certain prefixes for each line.  It was simple and neat.  i wish I remember where I saw it or the name.

skwire:
This is what I use for my quick ToDo list:  http://todotxt.com/  For larger projects, I use ToDoList.

superboyac:
Man, there was one that was really cool.  It was stored as text files, and certain prefixes did certain things inside the program.  it was extremely simple.  Similar to the one skwire mentioned above, but even more simple.  What was the name?  Someone either recommended it here, or it was on BDJ.  I don't remember.

wraith808:
I think that was tudumo.  It used to be that way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version