topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 11:19 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: March 2011 DonationCoder.com Fundraiser Celebration -- Help Me Describe It  (Read 3845 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Ok so we've had a couple of threads discussing ideas for the fundraiser here:

But I guess the top priority in my mind is writing up a single description of the fundraiser that we can post on the homepage, send out as our special edition newsletter, and send to other friendly sites to tell their users about.

So here is my first attempt and maybe you guys can help me refine it, both in terms of what it says and how it says it.

March 2011 DonationCoder.com Fundraiser - Celebrating 6 Years Online

It's been two years since our last fundraiser and the time has come once again to solicit donations from our users to help fund the site.

At the last fundraiser we raised almost $14,000.  Given the state of the economy, our goal this year is a bit more modest -- we're hoping to raise at least $6,000 which will pay for a solid year of hosting and server management.

What we're doing to celebrate:
  • Every day during March we will be releasing something new -- we will alternate between releasing new freeware applications and short software reviews.
  • Throughout March we will focus on creating new utilities based on requests from new donors.
  • At the end of the month we will hold a giveaway of donated prizes, open to everyone who has donated to the website; prizes will include both hardware, software, mystery boxes, and custom software development time.

What you can do to help:
  • Become a first time donator to our site.  The single most important thing you can do is join the over 8,000 other people who have taken the leap from being bystanders to making a one-time donation to the site.
  • Make a repeat donation.  If you have donated to the site in the past then you should know that it's because of people like you that the site has thrived and continued to remain ad-free and true to our principles; and it's people like you that have made it possible for us to keep devoting the time to the site that it deserves.  If you like what DonationCoder is about, we humbly ask you to make another donation to support our efforts.
  • Let your friends know about us -- our site can be confusing at times, and we rely on word of mouth to let people know that we are worth supporting.
  • Let us know what we can do to improve the site; we will make a special effort during the fundraiser to listen to those who have supported the site and try to take your suggestions to hear more than ever.

timns

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Let your friends know about us -- our site can be confusing at times, and we rely on word of mouth to let people know that we are worth supporting.

I'd use less deprecating language for this item. DC is great! Something along the lines of "Tell your friends! DC can take a while to explore and we rely on word of mouth to help people get started. Let people know what's new, what's good, and that it's all worth supporting"

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Let your friends know about us -- our site can be confusing at times, and we rely on word of mouth to let people know that we are worth supporting.

I'd use less deprecating language for this item. DC is great! Something along the lines of "Tell your friends! DC can take a while to explore and we rely on word of mouth to help people get started. Let people know what's new, what's good, and that it's all worth supporting"

100% agree!