ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Request: /pause & /unpause switches

<< < (3/6) > >>

skwire:
Correct, Trout does not have any built-in hotkeys; that's why I wrote the whole hotkey system so that people could set their own.  This begs the question, though, as to why you're setting local hotkeys within Trout and then trying to call them from another script.  Why not set global hotkeys, in the first place, and use those?

AEN007:
...FYI ... Your website still says,Version:  1.0.5 build 36 (2011-02-19)
--- End quote ---
but the portable download is indeed 10539 ...
THANKS.

I don't feel any need to explain/justify anything.
It also seems to me that the question is obtuse ...
If you built in the option to add local & global hotkeys,
why do you now ask why I have set local & global hotkeys?
Some MM apps have their own local hotkeys and allow setting only global hotkeys, so I thought that is what you were saying a previous post. I thought maybe Trout would respond to its own hotkeys when sent by an AHK script, but Trout has no hotkeys of its own.

The point is that Trout does not respond to any hotkeys sent by an AHK script. I have MANY AHK scripts (like many people @dc.com also do). Some scripts (are launched by one timer or another and) need to determine if Trout is playing - which is easy because Trout has the TT/TE/TI sections in the status bar and then PAUSE Trout while the script does whatever and then UNPAUSE Trout ... It was more difficult than usual to have the AHK scripts PAUSE Trout because Trout does not respond to any hotkeys sent by an AHK script; but I guess NOW I can use a PAUSE commandline? THANKS ... for eveything ...

AEN007:
In my posting at your website last summer I also asked about being able to open the options with a global hotkey - would like to ask again now!

What about setting the default path where Trout should look for playlist files? I don't see/know how to do that now. Is/Would that be possible?

cranioscopical:
I don't feel any need to explain/justify anything.
It also seems to me that the question is obtuse ...
-AEN007 (February 22, 2011, 12:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi, I see that you are enjoying using Trout, the free software to which skwire has given so much of his own time, developing and tuning it for the benefit of others. I'm sure that we all appreciate his efforts very much, don't we? Perhaps it's a language difficulty (I certainly can't express myself well, even in my native tongue) but some of your comments seem rather demanding and border on a lack of politeness that is uncommon here on DonationCoder. You might consider that explaining why you do what you do, or why you want to do some other thing, would be a practical way to help the person whose assistance you seek to understand your purpose. Generally speaking, I've found that telling people that their questions are obtuse is somewhat less than the optimal way of eliciting their co-operation. Just a thought…

AEN007:
Another item I submit for your consideration (maybe you might consider it an enhancement) is what if Trout users could hide or fold in/out the buttons? to increase the width of the tag & etc display.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version