ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Revisiting the idea of simplifying the DC big app license key stuff

<< < (12/13) > >>

jgpaiva:
So, what happened to this?
I am working on a new update for GridMove and was seriously considering using it, if possible.

mouser:
If you want I can show you how to use the license key dll.. Maybe you can code some generic ahk helper functions for interfacing with it.  Let me build a new version of it.  But maybe the big first question is whether we should stick with the license key approach.. or maybe use it only during update checking..

Josh:
How long are we going to discuss the possible license key change? Not to be a naysayer, but I see quite a bit of talk about a lot of things here, and often times it will go on for weeks with no real discernable outcome or change ever being enacted.

I realize a license key style change is a big deal, but I say we put it to a vote and implement. Pick the top 3 ideas, put it to a vote, and run with it rather than talking about it ad nauseam.

jgpaiva:
I was talking about the check for update thing, if it was to replace DC updater helper, it'd be really simple to integrate with GridMove.

mouser:
I'm afraid i'm one of those people that needs to cogitate and chew on ideas for quite a while before i am ready to pull the trigger.. i can see why it might be annoying but sometimes it takes me some time and discussion before i can really see whether a change is needed and in what direction.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version