ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

One for the musicians

<< < (3/6) > >>

40hz:
Especially for a clef hanger like that composition...

-----------

@timns - now that I've had a better chance to study the score, I've changed my mind. I don't want to play the bagpipes or tromba marine in this. Can I audition to play the dirigible part that starts the second measure into J?

cranioscopical:
I can't read music (that may be a blessing)
-Target (February 21, 2011, 06:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not if you insist on continuing with that euphonium!

40hz:
What's a contrabassoon? As played by the Nicaraguan rebels?
-timns (February 21, 2011, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

1. It's a very large reed instrument, so-called because it is played and admired primarily by people who are totally opposed to the bassoon and all that it represents. With a tone that sounds with authority in that vast sonic wasteland which lies somewhere between a rhino's rutting call and a tramp steamer foghorn, the contrabassoon (in unskilled hands) can reduce even the strongest lover of the bassoon to tears in less than three seconds flat.

2. I have been given to understand it was. Unfortunately, the Sandinistas (despite numerous CIA reports to the contrary) were not great admirers of the bassoon. So it's efficacy was severely limited when employed against them - usually doing little more than provoking a fit of laughter (and an occasional pants wetting) from heavily armed Sandinista soldiers whenever confronted by a Contra contrabassoonist.

--- For those who are curious to learn more, check out this video by a man who, as a contrabassoonist, not only passionately hates the bassoon - he apparently has it in for jazz/funk as well.

I'm sure that after a single viewing, you'll join me when I say: So much wickedness in the World!

:Thmbsup:

Renegade:
not only passionately hates the bassoon - but jazz/funk music as well.
-40hz (February 21, 2011, 07:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wait a sec... Jazz/funk is music? :P

Target:
I can't read music (that may be a blessing)
-Target (February 21, 2011, 06:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not if you insist on continuing with that euphonium!
-cranioscopical (February 21, 2011, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

none of the other neighbours have complained, but I was thinking it was time I brushed up on my Aquaggaswack anyways..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version