ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

testers post your first impressions here

<< < (5/8) > >>

mouser:
can i suggest that if you make lots of changes by dragging and dropping items onto your docking bars while they are docked, that you at some point go into the preferences screen and hit save, because on reboot/shutdown the dock bar configurations may not be saved in the current version, so you would lose changes since the last save.

(by the way you will also find some backup functions in the preferences Tools menu, and you can backup your docking bar files just like normal files).

jgpaiva:
One small proposition:
When the bar is minimized to the tray, it has no tooltip on hover.
This means that it isn't identified in the tray properties to make it not appear, or something like that.
And also, if you have 2 bars with the same icon on the tray, you can't distinguish them.
(I know it's a bit of a stupid request, but it's more for a matter of coherence)

jgpaiva:
Good software can be recognized on those little things that you don't notice.
If you don't notice that the software is doing something, it's only because it's good.
I've just found out that launchbar commander appears on alt+tab. But it appears as the first item, and is never selected.
Mouser did you do this on purpose? IMO, it's a fantastic feature!
Being able to alt-tab into a launchbar is nothing i've ever seen. And the best thing is that if you alt-tab into it, then you alt-tab back into another app, if you do alt-tab, it doesn't select lbc again, because it is never selected by default. I like it! :D

But i have yet another proposition: if you can alt-tab into it, why not have keyboard navigation built-in?
I know launchbars aren't exactly made with the intend of being keyboard-navigated, but what can i say, i love the keyboard! ;)

dorevale:
Very promising software.  I like the dock to system tray feature.  For my setup a dock to desktop icon would be more convenient - is that a possibility?

mouser:
dock to icon - interesting idea i hadn't thought of..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version