ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Oh God... I've Forgotten ASP.NET Entirely...

(1/2) > >>

Renegade:
Really. I just don't remember jack about it. A few tiny things are coming back, but I need seriously remedial help.

Can anyone recommend some good tutorials for getting up to speed? Like basic stuff. Needs to be for IIS 7 or 7.5 and .NET 3.5 or 4.0, though things that haven't changed from 2.0 are fine too.

It's been many years since I did anything useful, and I'm just drawing a total blank. I don't even know what sites to look at anymore.

f0dder:
Haven't dug in to ASP.Net yet, but if you're going to start from scratch, I'd say look at the most recent MVC version coupled with the Razor view engine; the old ASP stuff I've seen looked kinda sucky, but the MVC+Razor samples I've browsed on various blogs actually looks pretty sweet.

Renegade:
Haven't dug in to ASP.Net yet, but if you're going to start from scratch, I'd say look at the most recent MVC version coupled with the Razor view engine; the old ASP stuff I've seen looked kinda sucky, but the MVC+Razor samples I've browsed on various blogs actually looks pretty sweet.
-f0dder (February 21, 2011, 02:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I noticed that there are truckloads of new RAD frameworks for it. OWS and a bunch of others.

I can see this is going to be somewhat painful...

I just spent the day doing what should have taken me 2 or 3 hours at most, and all because I've simply forgotten everything.

Classic ASP is just like PHP. Sucky. But more sucky than PHP. But it is quick & dirty to get stuff done.

f0dder:
ASP.NET MVC3 + Razor > RoR > ASP.NET-whatever > PHP > Classic ASP :)

Renegade:
Having a quick look and... WOW~! ASP.NET MVC 3 + Razor looks wicked, wicked cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version