topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: LATEST LaunchBar Commander VERSION INFO THREAD - v1.158.01 beta - Jan 22, 2020  (Read 277966 times)

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I think this is a great app! Along with FARR it's the way that I launch pretty much all my apps. So keep up the good work :)

And I agree with lanux128, sub-menus should inherit opaque level.

By the way, do anyone have any skins to share?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
latest update is another bugfix.

dluby

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm a bug fan of LBC and the hotkeys is the icing on the cake!

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A bug I'm encountering with this new version:
--I use "Ctrl+Shift+Alt+L" to Lock my workstation.  But now when I use that combo, the preferences for LBC pops up and my workstation doesn't lock.  I can't find the setting where this is controlled.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ctrl+shift+alt+l was my secret unchangeable emergency hotkey for bringing up the preferences if you otherwise lose the system tray icon and launchbars.  i thought for sure no one would be insane enough to define that key for something else.  obviously i was not considering the fact that superboyac was a user..  i'll add in a winkey.

try re-downloading now.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 01:15 PM by mouser »

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ctrl+shift+alt+l was my secret unchangeable emergency hotkey for bringing up the preferences if you otherwise lose the system tray icon and launchbars.  i thought for sure no one would be insane enough to define that key for something else.  obviously i was not considering the fact that superboyac was a user..  i'll add in a winkey.

try re-downloading now.
HAHAHA!!  I'm very proud of myself!  You just made my week.

twinkler

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • technophobic technophile
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mouser, thanks for the update! I tried LBC last year but stuck with RocketDock; now I'll take a close look again.

FYI, LBC's home page says that the current version's date is Nov 03, 2007 instead of 2008.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FYI, LBC's home page says that the current version's date is Nov 03, 2007 instead of 2008

thanks, fixed.

Kuntau

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • My English is bad :(
    • View Profile
    • Tech.Kuntau | Info Sharing Blog
    • Donate to Member
This maybe not a serious bug (or maybe special feature) but LBC so persistence to be on top it even sit on top of my screensaver!!  ;D ;D

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
that's not really good is it..

hayamaguchi

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi, Mouser. 

I've been using the 1.83.01 version for a few days now, and it appears a bit sluggish compared to the previous one.

I use LaunchBar Commander exclusively as a set of nested menus that are accessed through icons on the system tray.  In this version, a large percentage of clicks on the icons, either in the tray or in the menus that pop up from single-clicking on the tray icons, generate a "List index out of bounds (n)" message box, where n seems to change at random, but is usually less than 10. (See attached screen shot.)  However, after the message box pops up, the software usually gives me the menu I want, and I can usually launch programs from the menu.

Anyway, this is a great program, and I don't know how I managed before this.  But the above teething problem has me using "Find and Run Robot" a bit more these days!   :)

Cheers!

Howard
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 08:48 AM by hayamaguchi »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Well that sounds incredibly frustrating.. and unacceptable(!)
There has to be some relatively simply bug in the program that is causing that.. I just have to figure out how to find it since the problem has never happened to me and i use the program daily.

Can you contact me at [email protected]?  We'll figure out some way to try to reproduce it on my pc or have me send you a special test version to help debug it.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
New beta version is up -- i hope that this solves the problem with bar showing on top of screensavers and games.  I will try to address Howard's issue next, and the problem with borders showing even when they shouldn't that was mentioned previously.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
don't want to speak to soon but the latest beta seems to be behaving better in terms of staying on top when it should, and going away when it should (during fullscreen stuff).

THREESHEDS

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm brand new at this "posting" thing so forgive me if I'm in the wrong place.

I just installed LBC and I'm shocked to find I can't open the folders in the menus - only what's in the folders.

Is it me? Did I do something wrong?

I hope I can find my way back here so I can find out just how stupid I am.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
you have 2 choices:
1) right click on the folder note and choose open/explore
2) go to the config and change it from NODE TYPE: FOLDER to NODE TYPE: COMMAND

Maybe i should add an option to show as the first or last item inside a folder node an item that will open the folder itself -- not a bad idea.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
this is good news! thanks mouser. previously, the stay-on-top behaviour was quite over-bearing. i'm going to give this version a try. :up:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
BETA version (not normal download link, not yet available on updater) is posted with link at top of thread.

v1.90.01 BETA - 3/9/09
  • New option for custom bottom text in tray menus (including ability to disable)
  • [BugFix] Dropping a new item onto a sliding/hidden docking bar caused it to push other windows out of the way.
  • Added -config commandline switch to open up configuration dialog at startup -- useful to correct layout problems that prevent docks from showing.
  • Added option to docks to always show tray icon -- useful for testing and hidden/sliding docks.
  • You can now trigger the normal LBC popup menu from the right-click menu of items on the dock -- especially useful in transparent background mode when there is no way to click on LBC background to get this menu.
  • [BugFix] The NOBORDER option was still leaving a thin border
  • [BugFix] The right-click context menu of items could sometimes be hidden behind normal node menu.
  • You can now ask far to completely hide the docking bar and not even show a sliver when docked (new option in the dock), or show a sliver but now with some transparency to make it less intrusive.
  • If you change icon file for a node manually (to a valid new image file), it now recognizes that you have made a change and saves it
  • Default ConfigDir.ini is now included with installation for portable use.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
can't wait to hear some reports from beta testers to see how people like the new docking/sliding behaviors.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
v1.90.02 BETA - 3/9/09
  • Added %APPDRIVE% virtual folder to list of virtual folders accepted.
  • [BugFix] The upper right corner of a bar docked to the top or right hand of screen is ignored for unhiding bars because of likelyhood of system icon buttons there -- but cursor there was also causing docks to hide which is no longer the case.
  • Added option to delay unhiding of docked bars.
  • [Bugfix] Default options for some newly created nodes could show values of last loaded node.
  • [Bugfix] Improved theme/transparent/colored options slightly (icons were looking more ragged than they should with colored backgrounds)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 02:15 AM by mouser »

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nice!  My custom line says "Aram's bitchin' Menu".
As for the toolbar docking options they work decent enough, i suppose.  i don't really use them, so someone else will have to comment.  I use the system tray toolbar + hotkey mouse-popup toolbar, which is perfection for me.

Actually, this latest beta has backtracked somewhat in the visual stability of the docking window when accessed from the system tray.  it was perfect before, but now when the menu pops up and there's another window in the way, it kind of flickers back and forth from behind the window/front of window randomly.  It worked better before.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
hmm.. i'll have to test the tray menu more then.. been concentrating on docking bar stuff, didn't realize i had effected the tray menu.
if you can figure out any clues about what causes the behavior you are talking about let me know.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You know, it must have been a fluke thing because it never happened again.  Everything is working perfectly.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
great to hear.. i can actually think of a case where that flicker could happen -- if another program was fighting for "ontop" status with LBC, which is trying to maintain its "ontop" status above other windows.

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi, Mouser.  I'm not sure whether I'm imagining this, but the icons in the new version seem crisper, cleaner, brighter than before.  I was happy with their appearance before, but I'm even happier now (even if the difference is just in my imagination  :) ).  I don't use the docking and sliding features, so I can't comment on them.  I run LBC from the system tray in a pretty straightforward way.   My only disappointment with the new version is that it hasn't cured the relatively minor problem I described in earlier messages--one node with about a dozen programs is MUCH wider than any of the others.  Whereas the others are about 2.5" wide, this one is more like 8.5" wide.  I can't figure out why.  :huh: