topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:13 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: LATEST LaunchBar Commander VERSION INFO THREAD - v1.158.01 beta - Jan 22, 2020  (Read 277955 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Yeah i improved the icon drawing a bit.. I noticed a flickering with hidden/sliding docking bars and i think i've fixed it in a not-yet-uploaded version, so that will be fixed soon.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
i noticed a 1.92.01 version when checking via DcUpdater which is not reflected on the web page. is this a silent update?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
New version posted.. I was planning on releasing it as a beta first but i'll just go ahead and release it as a real update and see if the walls come crashing down.

In addition to miscelaneous minor improvements, it includes yet more tweaks to try to get the OnTop behavior to function well in all cases (hiding launchbars, etc.), and some improvements to Windows 7 look and feel.

v1.98.01 - June 10, 2009
  • [BugFix] On Windows 7 and Vista the docking bars were showing with big ugly grey borders.  They now look much better.
  • [NewFeature] You can resize the docking bars by clicking on them and using the keyboard Shift+Arrow keys -- this is needed when using Windows Vista and Windows 7 as the docking bar is not dragable/resizable.
  • [NewFeature] In Maintenance menu is now a command to fixup changed drive letters and report any links to file paths that cannot be found or fixed.
  • [BugFix] Trying to fix flickering caused by yet another try to keep ontop status in place.
  • [New Feature] You can set Left or Center text alignment for captions.

v1.96.01 - June 01, 2009
  • [BugFix] LBC knows to hide when a full screen application (game or screensaver) runs; but it was losing it's ontop status after such an app closed.

v1.94.01 - May 26, 2009
  • [BugFix] Linked nodes were not launching in Batch mode for Batch menu parents.

v1.93.01 - May 7, 2009
  • [BugFix] In portable use, the last loaded (.mcf) file was not being automatically loaded when drive letter change occured.  LBC now autocorrects last file name to account for drive letter changes in usb drives, etc.  Applications and custom settings already autocorrect for drive letter changes.

v1.92.01 - March 13, 2009
  • [BugFix] Fixed flicker on hiding/sliding docks
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 10:34 PM by mouser »

mohaqeq

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Mouser,

And thanks for the update.  But now that I've updated it, the "About" window shows it as version 1.99.01.  Another typo?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
the "About" window shows it as version 1.99.01.  Another typo?

sometimes i make a change so minor that i dont want to bother the people who just downloaded a recent update, so i upload the changed version but dont tell the updater about it.

anyway, a new version:

v1.100.01 - June 13, 2009
  • [BugFix] Attempt to fix annoying behavior where dock would unslide twice in rapid succession.
  • [MinorFeature] On Windows7 (and in no-border mode) there is now a right-click menu item to toggle resizeable border mode to adjust size of docked bar temporarily; this is another way other than shift+cursor keys to resize docking bars.
  • [MinorFeature] Added larger icon to program.
  • [Feature] Added background image mode to dock display properties.
  • [BugFix] On Windows 7 and Vista the non-docked launchbars were not resizeable.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ok here we go, some real additions this time:

v1.104.01 - June 17, 2009
  • [BugFix] Adding entries from running processes was not grabbing full file path -- hopefully i haven't broken anything in fixing this.
  • [MajorFeature] You can now specify node menus that are built from commandline tool output (or file contents); this can be used to create plugin-like nodes.
  • [Feature] Added ability to overide icon+caption settings for submenu nodes and tab nodes and their children -- this lets you mix and match large and small icons on a dock bar.
  • [BugFix] Captions weren't changing properly on tab nodes when switching.
  • [Feature] You can now Ctrl+Click on dynamic file/folder menu items to open their *containing* folder.
  • [BugFix] The %APPDRIVE% and %APPDIR% replacements were not being done properly.
  • [BugFix] Trying to fix the occasional error when using the "Configure this item" menu.
  • [BugFix] On Windows Vista and Windows 7, LBC was by default saving the initial launchbar in, and defaulting to saving in, the Program Files directory.  This is now changed to the user's documents directory.  If you are using VISTA or Windows7 and have a previous version installed, please save your custom launchbars in a directory of your own choosing and remember to back it up with your other data files.
  • [MajorFeature] You can now create "tab" submenu nodes, which are meant to hold a collection of child submenus, which can be switched between.  By placing such a tab submenu on your dock you can easily click to switch the configuration of your docking bar icons on the fly to different sets of buttons to suit your needs.
  • [BugFix] Mouseover hints should work now if you enable them on dock options.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I don't quite understand either of the major features.  I'll have to read more and experiment.  Sounds cool? ;)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
as for the major commandline feature, once phitsc's MRU tool comes out youll see how it's used.
as for the tab submenus:  create one tab submenu on the dock, and then create normal submenus as children of it; then the top level tab node can switch between its children submenus.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
as for the tab submenus:  create one tab submenu on the dock, and then create normal submenus as children of it; then the top level tab node can switch between its children submenus.
OK, I think I get it.  So you have several submenus, but the one showing in the parent is the last child chosen?  That would be cool.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
exactly.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ok, i made some screenshots showing the new features. hth.. :)

tab node submenus - i can categorize my applications and have only one category to show at a time. :up:
SC_18_06_2009_001.png

cmd-line output - i used an 'uptime' console tool.
SC_18_06_2009_002.png

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Please download an update if you are running v1.04.01 -- there was a bug that could cause crashing on load.

v1.105.02 - June 20, 2009
  • [Feature] V1.04 and v1.05.01 of LBC had an invalid pointer bug that could crash when loading launchbars.

v1.105.01 - June 18, 2009
  • [Feature] LBC now makes automatic backups more often -- one each month that you make changes to the file, and when updating LBC version.
  • [Feature] LBC now warns if you are saving a LBC docking bar file with the initial default filename.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
v1.107.01 - June 26, 2009
  • [Major Feature] LBC now scans the Tools subdirectory for .lbctool files which define pre-configured menu items that can be added easily to launch bars using the tree configuration gui.  This works with the new commandline tool output system to provide a kind of limited on-demand Plugin functionality.
  • [Minor Features] Better commandline output processing into submenus.
  • [Feature] Better error detection during file save and load.
  • [Feature] SaveAs now defaults to current filename.
  • [Feature] Unhiding trigger on mouseover now ignores top right and bottom left corners of screen to avoid maximized window buttons and start menu.

Included is the first version of the MruCmd tool by phitsc.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
why didn't anyone tell me i broke the code that grabs icons for non-executable document files?!

v1.108.01 - June 28, 2009
  • [Bug Fix] It seems that recently the icon loading of document files stopped working (executable file icons were detected properly but not document file icons); this is now fixed.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
PDF Version of help file:
https://www.donation...unchBarCommander.pdf
Wow!  Thanks very much, mouser!  Have you also created software to keep you going at top speed and efficiency without any sleep?  If not, I don't know how you do it!  (And if you have created such a program, please share it with the rest of us  :) )

hamradio

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Amateur Radio Guy
    • View Profile
    • HamRadioUSA.net
    • Donate to Member
Its easy to save help as different formats when its in Help & Manual and HelpMaker. :) :Thmbsup:

PDF Version of help file:
https://www.donation...unchBarCommander.pdf
Wow!  Thanks very much, mouser!  Have you also created software to keep you going at top speed and efficiency without any sleep?  If not, I don't know how you do it!  (And if you have created such a program, please share it with the rest of us  :) )
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 03:13 PM by hamradio »

Gintaras

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Works with no hassle. It is just ugly, dock skins too simple, all almost the same shape, there are no transparent skin. You can find dozens of docks and sidebars made professionally and looking nice.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Works with no hassle. It is just ugly, dock skins too simple, all almost the same shape, there are no transparent skin. You can find dozens of docks and sidebars made professionally and looking nice.
Relax, my friend.  You're new...it wouldn't hurt to say it a little more nicely.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
 ;D

LBC is definitely not one of the fanciest *looking* launchers.. it strives to be more of a power tool than eye candy.  So it's definitely not for everyone.

For a look at one some people have configured it to look like, see here: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=18759.0

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Minor update:
v1.109.01 - November 29, 2009
  • [BugFix] Removed usless "Preferences" menu from preferences dialog.
  • [Feature] If you ctrl+click on tab page tool buttons they will cycle through child "tabs".

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
a good release once again. :up: i've been thinking if it's possible to launch a dock by double-clicking on the mcf file?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Minor Update:
v1.110.01 - December 25, 2009
  • [Feature] Some people were getting error about missing drives when LBC tried to resolve paths for items that no longer had valid paths; such resolution is now not enabled by default, but can be enabled in the main Options page.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
v1.111.01 - April 15, 2010
  • [Feature] You can now choose to hide all (or only .lnk) file extensions in folder nodes.
  • [BugFix] Using an item with an icon that can't be read could mess up item images temporarily -- fixed.
  • [Feature] Creating new dock node starts with a default icon.
  • [Feature] You can now add custom spacers in the Separator item nodes.

dluby

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Mouser,

Your main LaunchBar download page only has a link to version 1.10.01 or am I going (more) crazy?

Damian