topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:10 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Using URL Snooper with screen reading software for the blind.  (Read 3318 times)

MGDDDD

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi all. I am totally blind and use a screen reading program called JAWS for Windows which converts on-screen text into synthetic speech output. I like to listen to streaming radio stations, but can't stand the embedded flash players they use because they are difficult to control. I figured that URL Snooper would help me figure out what the actual stream URL is so I can listen to the station in a regular media player. I've got the program working, but am running into trouble navigating the list of possible URLS. From what I can tell, the URLs are displayed in some sort of grid that can't be navigated using the keyboard so I can't select the one I want to copy. In a future version, would it be possible for these URLs to be populated into a listview or listbox control that one could scroll through with the up and down arrow keys? In other words, each URL could be an item in the listview? Or, if functionality is already built into the program to do this, would someone tell me how to make it work? Thanks for reading this, and for any insight you can provide.