ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Strange subtleties of the Placebo Effect

<< < (4/5) > >>

Paul Keith:
Yeah, that's why I wrote this in the beginning:

Sorry if this is a joke and I just didn't get it.
--- End quote ---

I just didn't understand your post. Thanks for clarifying.

housetier:
I have heard of studies showing the placebo medicine works even when the subject KNOWS it is a placebo. I'll try to find those; but I have a lot of feeds related to science...

Paul Keith:
I wouldn't doubt that. People tend to doubt their skepticism if they don't know how to verify it.

Often times it's easier to hope on a cure (assuming taking it means little to no cost plus massive gains)

We see this all the time with health drinks, religious atmosphere and even productivity systems. (and hell...web marketing)

Renegade:
I wouldn't doubt that. People tend to doubt their skepticism if they don't know how to verify it.

Often times it's easier to hope on a cure (assuming taking it means little to no cost plus massive gains)

We see this all the time with health drinks, religious atmosphere and even productivity systems. (and hell...web marketing)
-Paul Keith (March 30, 2011, 04:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

I make $50,000 a day working at home for 5 minutes a day and you can too! Send me $50,000 and I'll tell you how! :P

MilesAhead:
I have heard of studies showing the placebo medicine works even when the subject KNOWS it is a placebo. I'll try to find those; but I have a lot of feeds related to science...
-housetier (March 30, 2011, 08:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

The thing you have to watch out for are counterfeit placebos!! I hear IBM is going to bar code every pill and log it into a world wide database to ensure only genuine placebos are distributed in the third world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version