topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 10:48 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: WinX DVD Author, Free & Clean  (Read 4704 times)

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
WinX DVD Author, Free & Clean
« on: February 20, 2011, 09:08 AM »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: WinX DVD Author, Free & Clean
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 07:06 AM »
finally went freeware after being on giveaway sites around the internet several times.. never had the chance to try it though.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 03:50 PM »
finally went freeware after being on giveaway sites around the internet several times.. never had the chance to try it though.

Haven't tried the Author app but I tried a couple of variations on the Ripper by this publisher.  As you say, GOTD is how I got it.  I took them off within a couple of days. After trying this and a couple from other publishers I've come to the conclusion if the program insists you have a disc in the optical drive or it won't continue, it's a waste of time. To test for bad output you have to use a slow erasable disc for the burn instead of just producing a VIDEO_TS folder.

The converters worked ok for the common cases if you ran them at highest quality slowest speed.  But too often the aspect ratio of the output was messed up.  People either tall & skinny or with really wide shoulders and fat heads.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 07:03 AM »
@MilesAhead: thanks for the feedback. it seems that the WinX series doesn't really add much to the already crowded field of video converter suites.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 03:30 PM »
@MilesAhead: thanks for the feedback. it seems that the WinX series doesn't really add much to the already crowded field of video converter suites.

Sure. I hate to bash something that's out there for free.  But if something looks like a cul de sac I'll mention it.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 10:12 PM »

Sure. I hate to bash something that's out there for free.  But if something looks like a cul de sac I'll mention it.

i too appreciate the fact that the author is giving away the software for free but it's just that i already have a more able software and am quite happy with it. :)