ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

WinX DVD Author, Free & Clean

(1/2) > >>

cmpm:
http://www.winxdvd.com/dvd-author/

WinX DVD Author

lanux128:
finally went freeware after being on giveaway sites around the internet several times.. never had the chance to try it though.

MilesAhead:
finally went freeware after being on giveaway sites around the internet several times.. never had the chance to try it though.
-lanux128 (February 21, 2011, 07:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Haven't tried the Author app but I tried a couple of variations on the Ripper by this publisher.  As you say, GOTD is how I got it.  I took them off within a couple of days. After trying this and a couple from other publishers I've come to the conclusion if the program insists you have a disc in the optical drive or it won't continue, it's a waste of time. To test for bad output you have to use a slow erasable disc for the burn instead of just producing a VIDEO_TS folder.

The converters worked ok for the common cases if you ran them at highest quality slowest speed.  But too often the aspect ratio of the output was messed up.  People either tall & skinny or with really wide shoulders and fat heads.

lanux128:
@MilesAhead: thanks for the feedback. it seems that the WinX series doesn't really add much to the already crowded field of video converter suites.

MilesAhead:
@MilesAhead: thanks for the feedback. it seems that the WinX series doesn't really add much to the already crowded field of video converter suites.
-lanux128 (February 24, 2011, 07:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure. I hate to bash something that's out there for free.  But if something looks like a cul de sac I'll mention it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version