ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Windows Shortcut transformation

<< < (7/10) > >>

4wd:
Short2Real v0.20

The most suspected features have been added:

* Added: Progressbar incremented for every shortcut processed.
* Added: Log file that can be viewed/saved at the end of shortcut processing.
* Added: Tooltips for the checkbox options.

That's it unless any scurry out of the codework...

;)

Contro:
Ohhhh Yessss. I promised test deeply.  :-*
I am beyond many whats and returning. I have to complete the vast information project with your program.

Best Regards
 :P

As you said the program now copy directories, even empty folders. Give information about process copying shortcuts and make copy of the entire original folder any, but give election to copy or not copy the shortcuts, even rewriting. Splendid.

I understand the possibility to rewrite shortcuts not in the original folder, only in the target folder. That's the transformation.
I understand the possibility to delete shortcuts in the original folder, but for me is not interesting this thing. May be only in the case I want to transform the original folder in the target folder in the same position.
Perhaps I am confusing myself.

4wd:
I understand the possibility to rewrite shortcuts not in the original folder, only in the target folder. That's the transformation.-Contro (February 28, 2011, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

This was in the case where you wanted to shift all the targets of shortcuts to somewhere else so you could delete the files in their original locations.

I understand the possibility to delete shortcuts in the original folder, but for me is not interesting this thing.
--- End quote ---

This was so you could use it like a simple backup/organisation kind of thing.  eg. You could collect shortcuts to various files/folders on your drives into one folder, (without having to physically move them), then later, (say once a week/month), just run the program to copy them all to one place without doing it one at a time.  The shortcuts are deleted ready for the next time you want to do it for a different set of files/folders.

I had to add the shortcut deletion anyway for the rewriting section so I made it a separate option.

One thing I forgot to do was check to see if there's enough drive space on the destination, so I think currently if you run out it'll just show up as failed copies in the log.  Calculating total copy size is something I can add but it would probably slow down the operation if there's folders with lots of files.  Something I'll look into.

Contro:
This is just the time to test deeply. I will comment anything and enjoy everything.

:-*

Best Regards. I need to execute a lot the program this weekend.

Contro:
First Scenario

Expected : don't copy the real files
Unexpected : don't find any shortcut and creates only the folder CRONO empty. This folder contains 18 real folders and six shortcuts to folders. And inside contains more files, folders and shortcuts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version