ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Windows Shortcut transformation

<< < (3/10) > >>

Contro:
Miroirs - Makes it easy to replicate complex directory structures without copying the files within
--- End quote ---
(see attachment in previous post)
http://www.scanialabs.com/Products/Miroirs/Miroirs.aspx

Requires .net
-PhilB66 (February 21, 2011, 10:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know. I try treecopy as a portable version. But to solve the recursevely mode I think an array.
to control over the past copy shorts.

Miroirs - Makes it easy to replicate complex directory structures without copying the files within
--- End quote ---
-PhilB66 (February 21, 2011, 10:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

wasnt there a dc app/coding snack that did this as well (?)
-tomos (February 21, 2011, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

4wd:
Here's a version that gives you the option of recursive copying, replicating the original folder tree in the destination.  That is, the original folder tree of the directory with the shortcuts not the folder tree of the directories with the real files/folders.

Just needs a nice GUI now  DONE :)

Now just got to find a nice icon.

Contro:
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

I'll test and comment. I was entering the forum for ask that exactly possibility

Best Regards

Contro:
(this is only an introduction). Your splendid codesnack is finished at the above state.
By the way. I am looking for a sort of director file with universal shortcuts or something near that.

I try to explain the best I can. In the main original folder I use by example (a document word xp) with links (hyperlinks) . I suppose i will lose those links when move the .doc document to the new folder. And obviously sure when I move the word document to a cd/dvd/usb/external hard drive.

I use from many years ago a CRM Goldmine 5.5 that have the possibility to offer alternativas paths when an original link is not found.

I don't know the exact concept behing : universal shortcut. Perhaps have other utilities like explore other hard disk when the link is not found in the first. Or a desktop shortcut tha may vary according the external disk you have connected.

When me like a little ant have to link several hundreds of linked files revised each time I move the word document is a tedious task.

Anyone knows alternatives ?

Best Regards

Contro:
Something happen

I don't reach exploring the original folder or the target folder because I can't enter en documents and settings folder.

:P

Important Note : I hope the lady comes to the next Carnival in Tenerife where I am from.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version