ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DVCS ? (All about Git, Mercurial-Hg and the like...)

<< < (18/39) > >>

kyrathaba:
I've used Tortoise SVN with the Express editions of Visual C#.  Can Mercurial or GIT either one be used with these Express versions, or do they only function with the Professional/Enterprise versions of the Visual Studio IDE?

wraith808:
I've used Tortoise SVN with the Express editions of Visual C#.  Can Mercurial or GIT either one be used with these Express versions, or do they only function with the Professional/Enterprise versions of the Visual Studio IDE?
-kyrathaba (June 08, 2011, 05:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Both of them operate on the files, so the version of VS shouldn't influence whether they work.  If you're talking about integration with the IDE, that's a different story- you can browse the add-ons in VS to find the git-extensions and see if you can install the SC provider.

kyrathaba:
Thanks, that answers my question.

Armando:
Some SmartGit feeback...
I've been using it a lot more more since the end of May and I can say it's been extremely stable, reliable and easy to work with. It's a really good product. I'm starting to forget how to use the command line now...

Plus, as you noticed, the developer even dropped by to say hi and discuss criticisms and feature/modifications requests.  :up:

Highly recommended.

====

One thing I wish I could do sometimes, and I still use Tortoise Git for that : in the log window, I'd like to be able to select a bunch of commits and copy each of them in a list with their full message (context menu and/or maybe Ctrl+Shift+c by default).

Ctrl+c (copy) already copies the selected list, showing  dates and the first line of each commit, but it would be nice to be able to do the same but with the whole message content for each entry/commit.

EDIT : One other small thing... "Commit" dialog (ctrl+k) : unless I'm mistaken, apart from hitting tab 2 times when in the commit dialog, there doesn't seem to be a way to hit the "commit" button directly. It would be logical to press alt+c maybe, or just enter. Note that since the commit message is preselected and has the focus, pressing enter clears it! fortunately a ctrl+z will restore it but it can be surprising...

Armando:
Thanks for your help with this.  I'm going to try to set it up tomorrow.
-wraith808 (June 07, 2011, 11:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey Wraith808, I know it's been a while but... Do you finally use that set up or are you using some other strategy ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version