ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

anything better than Object Dock 2 Plus?

<< < (6/10) > >>

wraith808:
I've used Winstep Xtreme, Object Dock, Fences, Tiles, and various Start Menu replacements.  In the end, I've stuck with TrueLaunchBar.  I have no compatibility issues, it's relatively cheap, and it's very configurable.

My current configuration:

The best part of that for me is that all of those folders are just folders on my hard drive.  I made a folder, then several folders inside of it, then links in those.  And it just works.  The others are a bit more flashy and configurable, but in the end, I spent more time configuring than using- trying to get them just right.  And the fact that I have access to them all the time, rather than having to go back to the desktop like Fences is a bonus too.

kunkel321:
Yep.  I clicked on this to suggest TrueLaunchBar.  Here's my screenshot.

I have to say though, TLB does have a lot of configurability.  You can spend a day just geeking it up. 

Curt:
I have a license for the full Stardock series, but can no longer remember what ObjectDock was like.  :-\  However, a search 'here' made it clear that I have spoken about True Launch Bar in 11 different threads here on DC, this one being number 12, so I guess I already have made it clear that it's an important program to me as well ;-) And with your two's posts, it's appropriate that TLB just was beta updated per 1'st of May 2017: https://www.truelaunchbar.com/beta/index.html. I have been using TLB for maybe 10 years, and I have always used their beta versions, and never been disappointed.

mouser:
TrueLaunchBar is a good program.
A very similar alternative tool is my LaunchBar Commander program. Also good, if I do say so myself.

wraith808:
TrueLaunchBar is a good program.
A very similar alternative tool is my LaunchBar Commander program. Also good, if I do say so myself.
-mouser (May 05, 2017, 08:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, the main reason I use TLB instead is that it has its own shell integrated bars :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version