topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 8:07 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: onOne software  (Read 2900 times)

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
onOne software
« on: February 17, 2011, 07:47 AM »
I had never anticipated using this area for complaints but…

I recently bought "Perfect Photo Suite 5.5.1" from onOne software. In the past I've used their plugins for Photoshop and have been reasonably pleased with them. The suite was offered at a promotional price of $250 (half of the usual amount).

When installing the software it correctly identified my CS5 and put the plugins under Photoshop. I was astonished to find, however, that it insists on dumping >3GB of support files onto C: (in addition to the usual application data stuff). There is no option to alter this. I suppose I could try some registry hijinks, but why should I?

I contacted onOne support who very politely said, to paraphrase, "Yes, you're not the first to complain, sorry you don't like it we apologize." I happen not to allow application software on my boot drive, so that response is not good enough for me. At this price point, with previous complaints, I'd expect some action other than "Oh dear, sorry." How hard can it be to create a sensible installer?

We'll see what happens next as I've asked for a refund.

cthorpe

• Discount Coordinator
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • c++thorpe
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: onOne software
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 08:10 AM »
I was testing the same suite and ran into some technical problems using it with Lightroom 3.  I emailed support multiple times and was ignored.  I even sent an email saying I was ready to purchase if I could get the problem resolved.  Never heard back from them.  Obviously they lost the sale.

C

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 01:35 PM »
I emailed support multiple times and was ignored.
-cthorpe

I had a reply from them quickly — same day, but I had the advantage of a license code with which to gain their attention.

They apologized for the inconvenience and stated that they are processing a refund.
Seems to me it would make more business sense to tweak their installer, especially since "You are not the first to bring this up." <shrug>

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 04:40 PM »
clearly they don't know about the 'rule of 5' (a happy customer won't say anything, but an unhappy customer will tell at least 5 people)