ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Trout 1.05x playback now "skips" often; 1.0.4.9 never did/does ...

(1/5) > >>

AEN007:
17February2011
Today I updated my (portable) 1.0.4.9 to 1.0.5.29 by only copying in the new Trout.exe - which has "solved" this problem that I have had with Trout in all releases since 1.0.4.9. What could be wrong with any of the other files in the release?

1.0.4.9 never skips on any of my mp3s whether at 32-24 or 128-48 ... but every Trout release after 1.0.4.9 has had an unacceptable playback "skip" problem. By only copying in the new Trout.exe, I seem to have "solved" the problem; but what could be wrong with any of the other files in the release?

skwire:
I'm going to bet it has something to do with the update to BASS v2.4.6.0 back at Trout v1.0.4 build 96.  I've just updated Trout to the latest BASS and all other plugins.  Give it a try and see if you still have the same issues.

AEN007:
It seems the new bass.dll (even with 1.0.5.30) is indeed guilty. I only play mp3s in Trout, so I don't/wouldn't know if any of the other dlls are flawed ... Is there some way you could contact the bass.dll people to bring this to their collective attention?
I could provide some mp3 files that generate the problem.
I do not think the mp3 files are the problem because no other mp3 player (whether software or a "pocket" mp3 player) "skips" when playing those mp3 files ...
In any case I hope that somehow this problem with Trout will become a thing of the past ... so I can stay fully current with Trout releases ...

skwire:
I could provide some mp3 files that generate the problem.-AEN007 (February 18, 2011, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Can you post them somewhere?  Even though I don't seem to experience the problem, I can try to take a look.  When you say the song skips...what happens exactly?  Does the song just glitch for a moment and then keep playing?  Does it skip to the next track?

AEN007:
Here is a download link to one 51 minute mp3ยป
http://www.divshare.com/download/14107073-ff2
(Right now I have a lousy internet connection where I am staying, so I can't do better right now than posting this one mp3) Like I mentioned (in my post at your website I guess) this skip problem is NOT on every(all) mp3(s) ... only a some/many ... For example, the posted mp3 is part of a playlist with 30 mp3s and nearly all of them "skip" with the new bass.dll.  It is not easy to describe the "skip" sound, but it is unmistakable. It is not skipping to the next track... Trout with bass.dll 2.4.2.3 does NOT skip during this mp3 but with bass.dll 2.4.6.0 does (always) "skip" during this track ...I do not think the mp3 files are the problem because no other mp3 player (whether software or a "pocket" mp3 player) "skips" when playing those mp3 files ...-AEN007 (February 18, 2011, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version