ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Bulk Creating Folders

<< < (2/3) > >>

AbteriX:
I had to create a bunch of folders. (64 actually) And I looked for something to help me do it,-Renegade (February 16, 2011, 09:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
My file managers help me here...

...or just an batch:

If you have an list of folder names:

--- Code: Text ---@ECHO OFFMD "X:\path\to\Folder01"MD "X:\path\to\Folder30"MD "X:\path\to\Folder64"

or if you just want to create some serialized folders:

--- Code: Text ---@ECHO OFFSET myFolderName=new_Folderset /p "myAmount=How many folders do you want to create?"for /l %%i in (1,1,%myAmount%) do (MD %myFolderName%_%%i >NUL)new_Folder_1
new_Folder_2
new_Folder_3

And BTW this is for files:
--- Code: Text ---@ECHO OFFSET myFileName=new_Fileset /p "myAmount=How many files do you want to create?"for /l %%i in (1,1,%myAmount%) do (copy nul %myFileName%_%%i.txt >NUL)new_File_1.txt
new_File_2.txt
new_File_3.txt

rjbull:
...or just an batch-AbteriX (February 16, 2011, 02:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1  :up:

Batch files are a free and convenient way to do many jobs.  But, it's only us older hands who know how to use them?  :o

Renegade:
Hmmm...

Looks like 2 things:

1. There's a demand for it.
2. I reinvented the wheel. :D

I never thought to check the code snacks. I just Googled, didn't see anything interesting, so did it myself. (I could see that I would need to do the same thing again.)

Paul Keith:
I just use the hotkeys in file managers. (ctrl+shift+n in nautilus and F8 in Ultra Explorer)

Now if we're talking about bulk creating txt or rtf files all with different names - man...I haven't found a hotkey or program for that. (especially since batch text file makers need to have predefined names in place)

AbteriX:

Now if we're talking about bulk creating txt or rtf files all with different names - man...I haven't found -Paul Keith (February 17, 2011, 03:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just an info, maybe someone like to know?:

FileGen Free
Copyright © 2009 HazteK Software. All Rights Reserved.
http://www.haztek-software.com
--- End quote ---
Bulk Creating Folders

"Create Folders" utility"
http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6922
Bulk Creating Folders

I have also often the need to create files or folders and tried do code something my own.
At last they work good enough for me... but i am interested in an feature rich, well coded app,... if anyone knows one or like to code...
i have the ideas for features and can make an GUI layout,... but doesn't have the time or skill to code this so it runs fast.

Bulk Creating Folders
Bulk Creating Folders

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version