ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Bulk Creating Folders

(1/3) > >>

Renegade:
Got a question...

I had to create a bunch of folders. (64 actually) And I looked for something to help me do it, but didn't turn up anything useful. (I found some OSS, but it required compiling.)

Does anyone ever need to create a bunch of folders besides me?

(I've already written the software --- just checking if I should polish it for others.)

It's just such a simple little thing, but who in their right mind wants to manually create 50 folders or whatever. I sure as heck don't.

Ath:
Wasn't there a CSnack creating directories listed in a file? (no time to check right now)

Renegade:
Wasn't there a CSnack creating directories listed in a file? (no time to check right now)
-Ath (February 16, 2011, 09:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure. I quickly checked Google, and didn't see anything. (Or nothing that I'd click on anyways -- too many really poor results & malware sites in Google lately.)

mouser:
I think there were actually a few coding snacks that bulk create folders in different ways..
There was definitely one to do as Ath says, make batch folders based on a text file.

skwire:
Maybe my Text 2 Folders?  Admittedly, it could use some fleshing out of features.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version