topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 11:18 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Share your browser(s) in screenshots, Opera, Firefox, Maxthon, Safari, whatever  (Read 5703 times)

vegas

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
With all the talk of browsers heating up again lately I thought it would be cool to see what everyone browses with and how they are using it to surf the web.

I will update this first post with any links to other such threads that people here find.  The only one I know of at the moment is over at the Maxthon forum.

http://forum.maxthon...32&hl=screenshot

vegas

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm running my screen at 1920x1200 which explains the stretched screen.
Here is my Firefox setup (quite naked at the moment as I have just come back to Firefox due to some memory issues with Maxthon):

Theme/Skin
Minifox 0.7.3
Extensions In Use (Links to these can be found in the Firefox Extensions thread): 
AI Roboform Toolbar, Scrapbook, Tab Mix Plus, Super DragAndGo, Disable Targets For Downloads, MinimizeToTray, ViewSourceWith, Ebay Negs!, Add Bookmark Here, Bookmarks' Full Titles
Disabled Extensions (still testing out):
Web Search Pro, Download Statusbar, MenuX, and many more yet to download.

Here is my Maxthon setup:

Skin: Default

Plug-Ins: Roboform Toolbar, StumbleUpon, Google Search, Enable RightClick, Ebay Search Box

If anyone wants to see the screenshots in more detail they can be found here:  Firefox #1 - Firefox #2 - Maxthon #1
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 08:19 PM by vegas »

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
That's a good idea, I sure would like to know other ways of organizing a browser!
Here's mine:
Screenshot - 28-02-2006 , 12_48_47.jpgShare your browser(s) in screenshots, Opera, Firefox, Maxthon, Safari, whatever
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 06:58 AM by jgpaiva »

nontroppo

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • spinning top
    • View Profile
    • nontroppo.org
    • Donate to Member
My Opera config tries to minimise lost screen space, and uses my Breeze II skin, Web Developer MICRO, customised mouse gestures and the wonderful Designer keyboard config; several panels from different sources also used:

Opera_config.pngShare your browser(s) in screenshots, Opera, Firefox, Maxthon, Safari, whatever

Not visible in the screenshot, but I'm using the unicode and md5 widgets. I also extensively use Opera's new site preferences to tailor customised CSS and javascript to each page I visit, restyling them as I please. I do use the personal bar, but toggle it off using a custom mouse gesture (up-left-right to try if you installed my mouse config). I've lots of custom mouse gestures to keep moving the mouse to a minimum. The designer keyboard setup has many intuitive one-button shortcuts for extremely efficient navigation, but it takes a while to learn...

I use Firefox as a backup, and so I haven't tweaked it as much, but I give you my list of extensions (most considered essential apart from fasterfox (I can manually tweak much better) and adblock (Proxomitron is much more powerful)).

Firefox_config.pngShare your browser(s) in screenshots, Opera, Firefox, Maxthon, Safari, whatever
FARR Wishes: Performance TweaksTask ControlAdaptive History
[url=http://opera.com/]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 11:35 AM by nontroppo »

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
As it'd be to expect, your opera is as close to perfect as a browser can get, nontroppo! ;)
I am now downloading that keyboard config, quite better then the one I made.
Thanks!

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
http://static.flickr.com/50/106336795_5f383ccca6_o.png
Share your browser(s) in screenshots, Opera, Firefox, Maxthon, Safari, whatever

Nothing fancy, just a simple setup.  I'm also using breeze simplified micro; have my own fairly heavily modified shortcuts -- that "Designer" set looks pretty impressive, though.