ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Share your browser(s) in screenshots, Opera, Firefox, Maxthon, Safari, whatever

(1/2) > >>

vegas:
With all the talk of browsers heating up again lately I thought it would be cool to see what everyone browses with and how they are using it to surf the web.

I will update this first post with any links to other such threads that people here find.  The only one I know of at the moment is over at the Maxthon forum.

http://forum.maxthon.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10332&hl=screenshot

vegas:
I'm running my screen at 1920x1200 which explains the stretched screen.
Here is my Firefox setup (quite naked at the moment as I have just come back to Firefox due to some memory issues with Maxthon):

Theme/Skin: 
Minifox 0.7.3
Extensions In Use (Links to these can be found in the Firefox Extensions thread): 
AI Roboform Toolbar, Scrapbook, Tab Mix Plus, Super DragAndGo, Disable Targets For Downloads, MinimizeToTray, ViewSourceWith, Ebay Negs!, Add Bookmark Here, Bookmarks' Full Titles
Disabled Extensions (still testing out):
Web Search Pro, Download Statusbar, MenuX, and many more yet to download.

Here is my Maxthon setup:

Skin: Default

Plug-Ins: Roboform Toolbar, StumbleUpon, Google Search, Enable RightClick, Ebay Search Box

If anyone wants to see the screenshots in more detail they can be found here:  Firefox #1 - Firefox #2 - Maxthon #1

jgpaiva:
That's a good idea, I sure would like to know other ways of organizing a browser!
Here's mine:

nontroppo:
My Opera config tries to minimise lost screen space, and uses my Breeze II skin, Web Developer MICRO, customised mouse gestures and the wonderful Designer keyboard config; several panels from different sources also used:

Not visible in the screenshot, but I'm using the unicode and md5 widgets. I also extensively use Opera's new site preferences to tailor customised CSS and javascript to each page I visit, restyling them as I please. I do use the personal bar, but toggle it off using a custom mouse gesture (up-left-right to try if you installed my mouse config). I've lots of custom mouse gestures to keep moving the mouse to a minimum. The designer keyboard setup has many intuitive one-button shortcuts for extremely efficient navigation, but it takes a while to learn...

I use Firefox as a backup, and so I haven't tweaked it as much, but I give you my list of extensions (most considered essential apart from fasterfox (I can manually tweak much better) and adblock (Proxomitron is much more powerful)).

jgpaiva:
As it'd be to expect, your opera is as close to perfect as a browser can get, nontroppo! ;)
I am now downloading that keyboard config, quite better then the one I made.
Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version