ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

March 2011 DonationCoder.com Fundraiser Celebration -- Pledges?

<< < (13/30) > >>

Stoic Joker:
But what if we say that everyone who donates (either a new donation or sending existing donationcredits to site account) can enter into a drawing to have an idea turned into an application?-mouser (February 21, 2011, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

...I hate to be a pest...But does that mean we can do the 50/50 thing?

mouser:
The 50/50 thing continues to confuse the hell out of me -- and i can see it has resonated with some of you -- can someone else take a shot at explaining the significance of it to me.

I'm all for encouraging people to donate to each other on the site -- as far as i'm concerned donating directly to someone on the site who makes the site a better place is at least as good if not better than making a donation to the site fund.

The part that confuses me is that every single donation to DC goes into your account in terms of donationcredits that you can split between the site account and other people on the site.  Every donation can be split 50/50 or 75/25 or 25/75 or 100/0 or 0/100.  And that's confusing enough.. I just don't understand the appeal of forcing a certain split on people and the added complexity of that.

40hz:
have something special that everyone who donates during the fundraiser gets that other people will not..
-mouser (February 21, 2011, 05:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

The only minor problem with that is how a (post-fundraiser) first time visitor might feel about donating when they discover that they would have received "something special," had they only known about DC a few months earlier.

A friend of mine ran into that just last week when he dropped off a very (as in very very) substantial contribution to a local public cause. When he asked if they had any of their logo t-shirts still available (like the one I got from them for donating $25) he was told: "Oh I'm really sorry! We do - but you can't have one of those. They're only for the people who give during our annual fund drive."

To his credit, he didn't ask for his check back. ;D :-\

If you do go with a "something special" offer however, I would definitely do it as a drawing of some sort. Raffles remove the 1-to-1 link between donating and "getting something" which (in my experience with fundraising) does tend to draw in the wrong crowd.

:Thmbsup:

cranioscopical:
mouser,

I guess it's a nice tribute to those who do so much to keep DC interesting and informative.
I'd also bet that a large percentage of the users' 50% finds its way into the site fund.

BTW, any idea what percentage of DCredit recipients ever cash them in?

40hz:
BTW, any idea what percentage of DCredit recipients ever cash them in?
-cranioscopical (February 21, 2011, 06:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was always curious about that myself.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version