ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

March 2011 DonationCoder.com Fundraiser Celebration -- Pledges?

<< < (10/30) > >>

mouser:
I think part of the confusion about the fundraiser "events" this year has been that some of the really fun ideas are ideas that are only going to appeal to the real hardcore members who are already involved in the site and are familiar with everyone, etc.  I tend to think of the fundraiser as the one time of the year where we can kind of take the long time members for granted in a way.. they already know about the site and know enough to make a decision about whether they want to continue to donate to support the site (i sure hope they will).

It's reaching new potential members, participants and supports that is so important during the fundraiser (im my opinion).  If that's true we need to be sensitive to their concerns and interests, and understand that they will be mostly new to the idea of DC and how it works, and the more complexity they have to overcome to participate in the fundraiser the worse it is.

That's why the approach that seems best to me is simply to show the useful things we do and ask people to support us so we can keep doing them.

Ath:
is to reach these other people by showing them that we create useful content that they benefit from, and by having other people spread the word about the useful content we create.
-mouser (February 21, 2011, 04:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

That means we can expect a special (single-subject?) newsletter this week then? That's the most effective way to let all members know we've got something special in mind for the whole of march.

Come to think of that, maybe we'd have to pledge for a monthly newsletter again, I missed a few episodes...

mouser:
Yes, special fundraiser newsletter will go out right before the start of March, and special thermometer fundraiser banner will go up too.

mouser:
Regarding pledges for software, coding snacks, and minireviews, what if we get enough pledges to have 1 new thing every day during march.

So rather than 1 new coding snack AND 1 new minireview per day, what about just 1 new (CodingSnack/Software release, or minireview, or essay) per day throughout march?  That seems a little easier to pull off.

KynloStephen66515:
So rather than 1 new coding snack AND 1 new minireview per day, what about just 1 new (CodingSnack/Software release, or minireview, or essay) per day throughout march?  That seems a little easier to pull off.
-mouser (February 21, 2011, 04:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

One new forum post in Living Room good enough?  :huh:  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version