ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

March 2011 DonationCoder.com Fundraiser Celebration -- Pledges?

<< < (8/30) > >>

timns:
- I assumed it was more like a fundraiser where you got sponsorship or something.
-timns (February 21, 2011, 03:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
That would be a nice feature, but does the donation credit system support that? Only if a level of sponsorship (set by the pledgee I presume) is reached, the CSnack download will be available/Tim's drawing will be sent/Reviews are fully revealed (all of the pledges I can recall from memory) etc? Possibly showing the amount/percentage still left to be donated. Hm, sounds like I'm chasing mouser to work, dunno if that's allowed :-[
-Ath (February 21, 2011, 03:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, yes. Otherwise what does happen? If everything goes ahead anyway, where's the incentive for anyone to a) step up to pledge and b) put up some dough?

KynloStephen66515:
Ill do some mini-reviews reviews of the coding snacks released during the month of march.

Not promicing an amount as March is hell month for me (as with Feb, there are countless birthdays and other such hinderences) so my number shall be X.

Ath:
Well, yes. Otherwise what does happen? If everything goes ahead anyway, where's the incentive for anyone to a) step up to pledge and b) put up some dough?
-timns (February 21, 2011, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
As an alternative to adapting the donation credit system, the pledgees could withhold the 'final delivery' of their goodies, until they receive a certain amount of donations, they then turn over to the site, and release the stuff?

tomos:
If everything goes ahead anyway, where's the incentive for anyone to a) step up to pledge and b) put up some dough?
-timns (February 21, 2011, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think/thought the idea was to get interesting content, and simultaneously have a [site-wide fundraising] goal in term of donations made (as in the last fundraiser where there was a thermometer banner showing the goal, and the current amount of donations)

tomos:

mouser - the term pledge is also used in terms of pledging money which is what's causing confusion

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version